Stolen: 2018 Santa Cruz Nomad (Blue), Fox 36, Enve wheels

Nov. 22, 2018, 1:30 a.m.

My beloved and cherished 2018 Nomad was stolen from our garage in East Vancouver this evening and I'm beyond crushed. If anyone sees it, please, please give me a shout!

Details:
Santa Cruz Nomad CC 2018 Ink Blue
Size Medium
Fox 36 with custom gold and silver decals
Unbadged Enve 70/30 wheels
Magura brakes
Silver DMR Vault pedals
Maxxis Minion tires

Nov. 22, 2018, 12:17 p.m.

Damn that sucks, will keep an eye out. What area of East Van? How did you secure your garage? I'm always looking for ideas on what people do to minimize risk with so many scumbag thieves around.

You have it reported on Project529?

Nov. 22, 2018, 1:29 p.m.

That sucks. Will keep an eye out.

Nov. 22, 2018, 11:49 p.m.

It was stolen in Strathcona, so I imagine it's ended up in the downtown east side. I've been pounding the pavement and looking for it at some of the more well known bike chop shops in the hood, but no luck so far. The thought of someone putting my Fox 36 on their clapped-out Huffy fills me with great rage and sadness.

As for security, I always thought of the garage itself as pretty safe although I usually U / cable lock my bike inside the garage, except... not yesterday :( Need to get an alarm system too, obviously.

It's on Project529 here: https://project529.com/garage/bikes/hub-kit-crank-caliper/bolo

Nov. 23, 2018, 4:39 p.m.

Posted by: cbrumelle

It was stolen in Strathcona, so I imagine it's ended up in the downtown east side. I've been pounding the pavement and looking for it at some of the more well known bike chop shops in the hood, but no luck so far. The thought of someone putting my Fox 36 on their clapped-out Huffy fills me with great rage and sadness.

As for security, I always thought of the garage itself as pretty safe although I usually U / cable lock my bike inside the garage, except... not yesterday :( Need to get an alarm system too, obviously.

It's on Project529 here: https://project529.com/garage/bikes/hub-kit-crank-caliper/bolo

Ugh, brutal, nice build on that so I can't imagine the pain. My stuff isn't in a garage now and we are in a slightly better area in terms of random scumbags (sorry, diverse and vibrant community members) but our next home will have a garage full of sports gear. Gonna have to go full alarm/cameras and consider investing in security doors I guess.

Nov. 25, 2018, 6:23 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

I'm always looking for ideas on what people do to minimize risk with so many scumbag thieves around.

We're alarmed and the garage is so labeled. All 4 bikes of value are chained together.

And the lynch pin?

I'm a hoarder! No way anyone gets a bike out of there except one at a time. And even that's an ordeal.

(sorry, diverse and vibrant community members)

Don't be. 

I drive the Hastings corridor 5 times every Sunday so many times I look and think no way that fuck wad owns that bike legit.

Oh yeah the Sunday market for losers happens down there between Carrell and Abbot you should be cruising. Be prepared to offer at least $40.00 for a rig like yours.

Courier friend of mine's g/f had her bike stolen from Tinseltown. He casually ran off a couple delivers before going to look. Found it after like 20 min., talked the guy down to $20.00.

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 25, 2018, 11:25 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 25, 2018, 7:41 p.m.

If you find it, & a homeless freak has it, just take it. Fuck paying money for it. Good luck finding your bike. Sucks so much to lose something like that.

Nov. 25, 2018, 11:29 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

If you find it, & a homeless freak has it, just take it. Fuck paying money for it. 

Yeah well then better bring back up 'cause as soon as "homeless freak" starts squawkin' an ugly crowd will converge.

Nov. 26, 2018, 11:15 a.m.

How'd they get in to the garage? 

I've gotten a few stolen bikes back. Thieves will have to expose themselves to sell the bike, stay vigilant keep looking it's out there. I recovered one of my stolen bikes from a homeless camp, couple others were on Craigslist.

Make sure to make a police report. You'll need it for leverage to get the bike back. 

When confronted thieves will say "didn't know it was stolen" to avoid arrest. If you've got the burglary report with the bike listed you can quickly skip over this excuse and go straight to informing them it was stolen and then getting them arrested.

Call perps on a Friday after payday and keep the topic on giving them cash. Meet in a safe place, and call the cops on the way to the meeting.

No need to threaten them, pay anything, or any other excitement. Just be polite, keep them talking till the cops show.