Spotted 2 possibe stolen rides in Newton in the past week

May 2, 2014, 4:48 p.m.

So as usual I notice bikes when driving around and these two have stuck out recently so I thought I'd post up:

Bike #1:

RM RMX - Blue Yellow. Black 888 on the front. The rider did not belong on this bike one bit. I was trying to get the fone out to snap a pic but people were honking. Last seen on 72nd Ave n 132nd St.

Bike #2:

Honestly cant remember the frame as there was no decals but it was similar to an older Nicolai with a push rod linkage and bulbous bearing assembly above the BB. Looked like original paint which was mainly blue with purple lines. I'll try to search the actual brand and model but it escapes me but that was seen crossing 72nd Ave on 137th just east of the King George right by Newton Exchange.

I'm pretty sure I actually know of a chop house / holding site for stolen bikes in this area. Just not sure how to tell the police without validation.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 3, 2014, 10:21 a.m.

I'm pretty sure I actually know of a chop house / holding site for stolen bikes in this area. Just not sure how to tell the police without validation.

Just make a report on their non emergency or tips line. RCMP wants this type of intel. Let them validate it.

If it's a vintage bike collector and not a chop shop, his serial numbers won't be listed as stolen and there's no harm done.