Knolly Chilcotin -*** RECOVERED***

Sept. 7, 2016, 5:09 p.m.

RCMP have recovered my white Knolly Chilcotin. Big thank you to this board - brocklanders, shirk and heckler - for your help.

Bike had been sold and was too hot to ride, so the buyer put it back up on Craiglist. Byron, you should know better than to get a Knolly for only $800.

If people stopped buying obviously stolen bikes, maybe they would stop stealing so many. Talking to VPD there is an epidemic of thefts going on here.

Back on the trail!!! If you see a smiling old guy on a white Knolly don't beat me up, it is just me on MY bike!

Sept. 7, 2016, 5:14 p.m.

:woot:

Sept. 7, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

Good news that you got your bike back. Congrats.

Thread killer

Sept. 8, 2016, 7:15 a.m.

That's awesome.
Congrats.
Please give us details how it went down for future bike recovery.

Since I have the access to digital printers etc. I was thinking of doing some decals that say " Bike fitted with GPS location device, stealing it would be a mistake."
Wonder if it would make a difference? I imagine not everyone would want that on their bike.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 8, 2016, 8:45 a.m.

Don't know if the decals would help. I had a Project 529 decal in the bike - the one they say is indestructable - but not unremovable. It was removed, as were my Canadian flag decals.
But I really believe the Project 529 website is worthwhile. Anyone buying a bike should check this board and Project 529 to find out if it is stolen. These creeps obviously did and new the Knolly was too hot.
The Niner wasn't on Project 529 and stayed on Craigslist for more than a week, before finally being deleted last night.
Everybody, get your bikes registered now!