Intense Carbine 275 Stolen!!

Aug. 2, 2013, 4:01 p.m.

I ground down puppies and use them as pate.

Ewwww, you know duck liver is better for that, and goose is best. mmmmm fois gras

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Aug. 2, 2013, 5 p.m.

We've seen him here in Nvan a few months back… Thanks for posting the photo.

www.differentbikes.ca
North Vancouver | West Vancouver | Vancouver Broadway |

Aug. 3, 2013, 8:58 a.m.

They caught the guy!

I too have no idea what the chromosome comment means….please elaborate. There is only one chromosome someone can be 'missing' and still be alive, and I assure you it isnt the case for this guy.

Interestingly enough, humans a unique from all other apes in that they are "missing" a chromosome pair. Chromsome 24 (which all apes have) and chromosome 2 fused into one to sometime in the past to give us 23 chromosome pairs:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2012/07/19/the-mystery-of-the-missing-chromosome-with-a-special-guest-appearance-from-facebook-creationists/

Since it is virtually always true that in order to reproduce, both partners needed to have 23 matching chromosomes, and the odds anything surviving this type of this rearrangement are tiny. The implication is that at some point, our ancestors bred with very close relations (probably siblings) to give a survivable population of humanoid apes. Its really a re-telling the story of Adam and Eve … after all, who did Adam and Eve's kids procreate with if mom and dad were the first humans?

Aug. 3, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

They caught the guy!

Interestingly enough, humans a unique from all other apes in that they are "missing" a chromosome pair. Chromsome 24 (which all apes have) and chromosome 2 fused into one to sometime in the past to give us 23 chromosome pairs:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2012/07/19/the-mystery-of-the-missing-chromosome-with-a-special-guest-appearance-from-facebook-creationists/

Since it is virtually always true that in order to reproduce, both partners needed to have 23 matching chromosomes, and the odds anything surviving this type of this rearrangement are tiny. The implication is that at some point, our ancestors bred with very close relations (probably siblings) to give a survivable population of humanoid apes. Its really a re-telling the story of Adam and Eve … after all, who did Adam and Eve's kids procreate with if mom and dad were the first humans?

There is only one instance where humans can in fact survive missing one chromosome. Females can be born with only one 'X' chromosome (Turner's syndrome).

Aug. 7, 2013, 12:21 p.m.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/vancouver/Serial+scammer+behind+bars+following+undercover+police/8739383/story.html :werd:

thread bump as this post was sitting in the mod queue from the long weekend

Well done Dunbar Cycles in getting this guy off the street, at least for a little while. Hopefully justice does it's job.

Aug. 8, 2013, 11:47 a.m.

Like he won't be back on the streets in a month or two. BC needs that 3-strikes your out law like in California.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 8, 2013, 12:49 p.m.

Like he won't be back on the streets in a month or two. BC needs that 3-strikes your out law like in California.

Because its worked so well for California...

Ride, don't slide.

Aug. 8, 2013, 11:31 p.m.

well.. bike is back at the shop

Aug. 9, 2013, 6:53 a.m.

well.. bike is back at the shop

Sweet! Nothing parted out?

Aug. 27, 2013, 5:25 p.m.

Bike was recovered in full and in mint condition (currently on sale hehe) . Big thanks to everyone who shared the story and made catching this guy possible. He will be back in court on Sept 30th . Lots of other charges laid against him so he should hopefully be put away for at least a couple years in a federal prison :)

Dunbar Cycles
Open Monday to Friday 11-7, Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 10-5.
Phone : (604)-224-2116

www.dunbarcycles.com

[email protected]

Feb. 20, 2015, 8:40 a.m.

Update. The thief, a repeated, convicted, career scammer is now suing the Federal Gov't for lack of access to rehabilitation programs that would increase chances of early parole. Maybe wearing a sign around his neck saying "I stole shit that didn't belong to me" could be his rehab program.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/criminals-wesley-devries-yong-long-ye-sue-over-lack-of-prison-programs-1.2963684