Help Me: Two Unique Bikes Stolen Last Night

April 5, 2016, 9:17 a.m.

Someone smashed their way through my buildings gate, the locker room, my lock, and my locks to steal two of my bikes last night.

They are both unique. Any help in recovering them would be hugely appreciated.

The first is a custom Toxik Harold painted Kona Honzo. Singlespeed. King Pewter wheels with Velocity BLunt 35 rims.

It has NSMB.com's Ohlins RXF 34 fork up front.

The second (looking for pic) is a Green 2015 Kona Jake The Snake. It is set up singlespeed with a set of King singlespeed hub (black) rear and a Paul Comp bolt on hub up front on Stan's Grail rims. The rear wheel spokes are wire tired. The bike has a 46cm Easton carbon bar and purple grip tape. Purple 70mm Chromag ranger stem with Purple Ti hardware. BB7 cable actuated disk brakes.

Unbelievably I don't have a photo of the JtS. Here is the colourway although the purple accents set it apart.

Both bikes have super rare "LIV LIKE VIC" stem caps.

I can't afford to replace either of them. So any help is hugely appreciated. Even if you can share my FB post that would be huge:

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.major.9809/posts/520811264768343

Andrew

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 5, 2016, 9:22 a.m.

ohh that suck drew. i'll keep an eye out

i would send those pics and stuff to bike shops and post them on craigslist too - that's how i got my surly back

good luck

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 5, 2016, 9:31 a.m.

ohh that suck drew. i'll keep an eye out

i would send those pics and stuff to bike shops and post them on craigslist too - that's how i got my surly back

good luck

Thank you Omar.

April 5, 2016, 9:32 a.m.

Devastating. Fuckers.

April 5, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

*edited post. Please share FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.major.9809/posts/520811264768343

April 5, 2016, 10:08 a.m.

dammit, that sucks. fuckers better not be spray-bombing that sweet paintjob. will keep eyes peeled. were these nicked in NV?

April 5, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Aw, fuckin' shit Andrew, that sucks. You know where I work, so let me know if I can do anything to help you out at all.

-Kev

Ride, don't slide.

April 5, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

dammit, that sucks. fuckers better not be spray-bombing that sweet paintjob. will keep eyes peeled. were these nicked in NV?

NV. Central Lonsdale.

I almost never have either bike out (riding test bikes), so I'm not sure if some F*** got lucky and saw me putting one away or if it was just a random smash. They definitely had to work for them though.

April 5, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

I'm not a Strava user, but good note from the RCMP not to start your Strava rides from your house. It's being regularly used to target bikes for theft.

April 5, 2016, 10:55 a.m.

I'll be in Van later on today/this week will keep an eye open.

Even with the home feature on?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 5, 2016, 11:29 a.m.

Apparently totally random, a bunch of older buildings like mine getting broken into with exactly the same M.O. Hopefully that increases the chance of getting them back.

Apparently quite lucky in that our cars didn't get damaged as well.

April 5, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

NV. Central Lonsdale.

I almost never have either bike out (riding test bikes), so I'm not sure if some F*** got lucky and saw me putting one away or if it was just a random smash. They definitely had to work for them though.

I live in the hood. They thievery is getting heavy these days. I refuse to keep my bikes not locked up in my condo. The building next door had the bike room broken into, the wankers used a blow torch to get in.

Ballsy F**#ERs….

IMO I wouldn't put anything up on CL. They will see if it if dumb enough to post.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

April 5, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

IMO I wouldn't put anything up on CL. They will see if it if dumb enough to post.

why not?

the guy who returned my bike saw my post with a picture on craigslist. next day he was walking home from the bar and saw some guy trying to sell my bike - bought it for $40 and then emailed me through CL to let me know

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 5, 2016, 12:01 p.m.

why not?

the guy who returned my bike saw my post with a picture on craigslist. next day he was walking home from the bar and saw some guy trying to sell my bike - bought it for $40 and then emailed me through CL to let me know

fair enough, but that has to be an outlier

April 5, 2016, 12:37 p.m.

I'm not a Strava user, but good note from the RCMP not to start your Strava rides from your house. It's being regularly used to target bikes for theft.

Not to thread jack, but logging in on the computer to your Strava, if you have an account, allows you to plug in multiple addresses (home, work, etc) and Strava will block people from viewing where your ride begins and ends up to a 250m radius. I highly recommend it, especially if you have a publicly visible profile.

Carry on.

Ride, don't slide.