wtb snowboard with bindings..

Dec. 12, 2016, 9:37 p.m.

Hi it would seem my 13yr old daughter is now a skier:) Yay Which means its time for me to get back on a board.
I took her cyprus yesterday and my bindings on my 15+ year old oxygen asym goofy board disintegrated in the cold..
I had to rent one on the hill@#$$$#..
On the upside my limited boarding skills miraculously reappeared after 20 feet on the powder up there. It had been 15 years. Yay Dad!
Im looking for decent board with bindings , I am 5'8 so ride around 155 board, wear a size 9.5 boot, I am all about the going fast and carving no jumps , stunts , terrain park etc.
Anybody have anything that fits the bill??
Cheers

crosses fingers…

Dec. 13, 2016, 8:43 a.m.

If you saw my other post I was scouring Craigslist trying to buy new bindings. There is quite a bit over there for really good prices. I almost bought a 2015 158 Burton Custom Flying V with Cartel's for $350 just to get the bindings. (I'm partial to the Flying V / rocker style base design but if you haven't been on a board for a while you may want a more traditional camber.) I think if you keep an eye on Craigslist and you have a $400 budget you'll be able to get a really good board.

PS. If you want a very cheap (beer) sk'd Prior 162 AMF PM me. (Sorry not the split AMF)

Dec. 13, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

Thanks ive been emailing a few peeps on craiglist but no replies yet. One is burton supermodel…
I did a rossi templar at sportchek marked way down to 199.
I could get some some budget ride ex bindings at comor on sale for 140…
what to do..

Dec. 14, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

Try that North Van Sports Swap?
Might get lucky

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 14, 2016, 12:36 p.m.

I've got a 157 Devun Walsh prototype. Only kind in existence. Wood sidewalls and super light. All blacked out with a Haida piece laser sketched in between the bindings. Super light board but may be a bit soft for you if you're just carving around. $200. There is a K2 Carvair on CL for $400 right now, brand new. Do some research on that board - might be up your alley.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

Dec. 14, 2016, 11:16 p.m.

Atmosphere at park royal has really cheap prices.
Was in there this eve.

Dec. 15, 2016, 9:57 a.m.

Thanks ive been emailing a few peeps on craiglist but no replies yet. One is burton supermodel…
I did a rossi templar at sportchek marked way down to 199.
I could get some some budget ride ex bindings at comor on sale for 140…
what to do..

I know. People on Craigslist with Snowboarding equipment are flakes. I emailed 10 people and got one response a week after I emailed him. I think I saw that Supermodel. The price is really good. If you do get it then I would recommend taking it to Dave at Crystal Glide and having him fill that gauge in the base. It will cost maybe $60-$80 but it would be worth it.

Dec. 15, 2016, 1:03 p.m.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BODUUK0AU8X/?taken-by=jrhagency

This guy always has tons of stuff and great deals.

Dec. 15, 2016, 6:47 p.m.

I have what will fit the bill, but to be honest, I'm not letting it go for cheap as the board has been ridden maybe 4 times, and the bindings are mint.

F2 Eliminator 163cm Word Cup. Its world-cup level boardercross board with two titanal layers…in other words, its super stable, fast, tortionally very stiff and carves like a mother. Years back, I used to race both PGS and BX, and I had this thing set up for speed on snow and stability in the air.

I can sweeten the deal with a set of Nidecker Carbon 900s for bindings plus lifter plates (palmer or Burton eliminators - your choice). These are very very comfortable and stiff bindings, and add on the lifter plates and it provides more leverage to the edge and shifts your center of gravity. This creates a carving package while still having the natural ankle flexibility associated with soft-boot riding.

Anyway, if you are interested, please PM me and you can drop by for a look. I'm in North Van off Mt Seymour Parkway.

I have a quiver of boards, and could also potentially part with a Rad Air Tanker 172 powder board that also carves very well.

For reference, I'm 5'11". The size of the board itself does not matter…the effective edge does. Some of the boards you are looking at will ride very very short and will be unstable at high speeds. Ideally you should look for a board with a slight rocker tip/tail and a long effective edge and a reasonable overall length. That way you get the stability of the edge contact on snow…but the maneuverability edge to edge.

Best of luck in your search.

-Gord

Dec. 20, 2016, 1 a.m.

I have what will fit the bill, but to be honest, I'm not letting it go for cheap as the board has been ridden maybe 4 times, and the bindings are mint.

F2 Eliminator 163cm Word Cup. Its world-cup level boardercross board with two titanal layers…in other words, its super stable, fast, tortionally very stiff and carves like a mother. Years back, I used to race both PGS and BX, and I had this thing set up for speed on snow and stability in the air.

I can sweeten the deal with a set of Nidecker Carbon 900s for bindings plus lifter plates (palmer or Burton eliminators - your choice). These are very very comfortable and stiff bindings, and add on the lifter plates and it provides more leverage to the edge and shifts your center of gravity. This creates a carving package while still having the natural ankle flexibility associated with soft-boot riding.

Anyway, if you are interested, please PM me and you can drop by for a look. I'm in North Van off Mt Seymour Parkway.

I have a quiver of boards, and could also potentially part with a Rad Air Tanker 172 powder board that also carves very well.

For reference, I'm 5'11". The size of the board itself does not matter…the effective edge does. Some of the boards you are looking at will ride very very short and will be unstable at high speeds. Ideally you should look for a board with a slight rocker tip/tail and a long effective edge and a reasonable overall length. That way you get the stability of the edge contact on snow…but the maneuverability edge to edge.

Best of luck in your search.

-Gord

sent you a pm

Jan. 24, 2017, 10:15 p.m.

I ended up getting an almost new old stock , nitro Supra team 163.
Full camber , Carbon and very light
With burton C o2 bindings which are quite stiff For 250$ , guy used it twice still had the receipts for it.
I added some burton est 3.5 degree canted footbeds , had to mod them to fit but it worked out really well they give a good lift for better carving.
The board is great in powder , ice you name it .
Having a great time:)
Ps Gord did let me try his F2 it was not quite what I was looking for although it was fun. Can you say faaast.