Whistler - Looking to buy a full ski setup

Nov. 18, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

Heading for Whistler tomorrow. Bought the wife and I passes for Silverstar, but need to find her a complete setup. She's a novice skier, but we hope to get 20+ days in this year.

I am cheap when it comes to buying her items of this nature, as I'm not sold on her commitment level. Is the Whistler Blackcomb Outlet Store a good option? Suggestions? We're looking for Skis, poles, outerwear… Buying the boots out of Vernon based on the ability of having them punched and modified as needed.

Thanks!

Nov. 18, 2015, 9:46 p.m.

Re use it centre! Skis for $30 or so there, usually a $5 pole bin too I just dropped off like 5 pairs a little while ago. I think the clearance centre in the village has ex demo skis for decent prices. I've noticed just from working nearby mcoo's and excess back country have 50% off racks out front, not really paying attention who else does as well. Outlet store in squamish had good deals on jackets and stuff less options for skis last time I was there. To be honest hunting classifieds (Craigslist and Whistler buy n sell page on Facebook) will get the best deals. Going on in all boots and cheaping out on skis is a good call.

Nov. 18, 2015, 9:50 p.m.

Whistler Clearance Center is located beside Mogul's Coffee in the village. There's another one in the upper village. They usually have good deals, but the stuff is random sizes, random brand names etc.

Thread killer

Nov. 18, 2015, 10:05 p.m.

Yeah spend the money on boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shredding hypothetical gnarr