Whistler Conditions Sept 2013 - May 2014

Dec. 18, 2013, 1:07 p.m.

Y'know, the beauty of Whistler is you can often still find some goodness out there. Just got in from the morning and the combination of trace amounts of fresh and the gifts of wind distribution and there are still some finds out there.

If you're willing to be ginger, and expect things to be a bit spicy, lots of good longer semi-consistent shots of untracked are to be found. The advantage of a low snow season is that people aren't beating too far off track. And if you know where wind pockets are, there are rewards. One hint from this morning - hourglass.

Also, with semi-dicey climb-to only access, Surprise on Peak remains a winner. See image.

Buy yah, sucks this year.

Dec. 18, 2013, 1:12 p.m.

If you're willing to be ginger,

Hey, I resemble that comment.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 19, 2013, 7:59 p.m.

The selfish dick in me hopes they hate it and complain to everyone back home.

true but tourons pay the bills, no tourons no money no whistler no jobs….need snow

mtbskierdad

Dec. 20, 2013, 4:20 p.m.

Today was good! first time I was skiing and not thinking I should've gone biking instead haha.

Dec. 20, 2013, 9:21 p.m.

You're Welcome!

Dec. 21, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

Stay away. The snow has really sucked that past 2 days. Stay far far away….

Except the high dollar tourons, as they're not really tracking anything up….

Dec. 25, 2013, 5:16 p.m.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Whistler still sucks - a year of ginger go lightly - however deep coreshots, sketchy drops, rippin' kids, and good friends still provide good times in marginal snow. Nice to have some ski days with the kids… with family ski days instead of freestylerz/ulti8 days for them.

Mrs WH

WH

Little Girl

Little Boy

Mrs. WH

Little Girl

Little Boy

Little Girl

Wishing you all the best for 2014 and ample powder turns.

Dec. 27, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

Nice family pics.

Ug, they had forecast 3 days of around 9cm accumilation each day. Instead they show today with 3cm only. Sigh. Still heading up tomorrow, see for myself.

Dec. 28, 2013, 12:55 a.m.

Nice family pics.

Ug, they had forecast 3 days of around 9cm accumilation each day. Instead they show today with 3cm only. Sigh. Still heading up tomorrow, see for myself.

There was 9cm of precipitation, but only 3cm was actually snow.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 28, 2013, 8:48 p.m.

Saturday foiled most people, but since the kids are in comp programs, we headed up anyway. Alpine cracked on Bcomb around 11:45 and we were treated to pretty decent snow for this year on Showcase, Bcomb Glacier, Secret, and Pakalolo areas with continual run-run refills thanks to the 70kph winds. Whistler got the alpine running around 1:45 or so, and I'm sure it would have been acceptable.

We got the kids off early this morning under sunnier skies (boo, hiss), and managed to get the remaining goods in the higher alpine on Whistler until it was pretty eaten alive by 1:00 or so.

Just shots of the Mrs and a buddy, as I had the camera.

Jan. 2, 2014, 5:17 p.m.

A fully proper snow today and no one was there.

Crystal chair broke. Glad I wasn't stuck near the top for the 20 or 30 minutes. It was gusting hard at the top. Almost jumped into the trees behind Crystal when they said the chair was done for the day. Took me a while to parse why all the "Out of Bounds" signs were there.

Had full on fresh, deep tracks down Gear Jammer at 2:30PM boarding out.

Peak didn't crack, so it should be prime tomorrow. Wonder if Symphony is coming online soon.

Jan. 2, 2014, 6:55 p.m.

symphony has been open already…this afternoon was alright, nice to get some legitimate powder turns here and there….a shame coverage is so thin everywhere though….

Jan. 2, 2014, 7:15 p.m.

Blackcomb surprised me today. Better than expected and a sleeper day for sure. It was nice to get some good pow turns! The patrols were pretty stoked for the fresh snow.

Heard Crystal started running again. Glacier and Showcase stopped running around 2 pm bc of the high winds. It was still puking when I left. Combined with the vis tomorrow should be good.

I have no filter …

Jan. 2, 2014, 9:33 p.m.

Heading up tomorrow AM.

Jan. 2, 2014, 10:06 p.m.

Indeed… conditions were truly proper today. Very few sharks took my bases.

With heavy snow and wind-blow, pockets and stashes were closing in on knee deep with boot top being the average.

Whistler was dead all day in the alpine - heard that Green chair was busy as usual - but laps on Symph and Harm were banger all day with free refills. Peak never opened and could be harbouring gold tomorrow morning.

We'll be there as soon as kids are dropped with coaches at 8:30.

Sticker on Creekside Gondi:

Want… where do I get?