Whistler Conditions 2011/2012

Jan. 29, 2012, 4:23 p.m.

I got many wet faceshots today….better than I expected on harmony, we nailed it…t-bar to boomer/gb to chair opening 2 minutes after we roll up, 10th chair. Harvey's was really good for a couple of laps

Jan. 30, 2012, 3:21 p.m.

Hit the peak symphony and flute today. Was decent but hard to compare to last week

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 30, 2012, 3:27 p.m.

We were going to tour flute/oboe on Sunday, but with the winds and low temps figured we'd give it a miss…

We were out last Sunday in similarly high winds but it was colder. Much nicer to be out in nasty weather when its -10! not -2!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 30, 2012, 4:36 p.m.

Well, I wasn't here last week but Symphony/Flute was DTL for me from 9ish to 2 and I had fresh pow tracks for five laps. Therefore I will give it a 5 out of 6 swedish girls.

Jan. 30, 2012, 4:37 p.m.

Also, the wind did not really make an appearance (aside from a few laps at the very top) until the end.

Jan. 30, 2012, 4:37 p.m.

Well, I wasn't here last week but Symphony/Flute was DTL for me from 9ish to 2 and I had fresh pow tracks for five laps. Therefore I will give it a 5 out of 6 swedish girls.

on Sunday?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 30, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

on Sunday?

Sorry, today..

Feb. 1, 2012, 12:44 p.m.

the last week has been insane. yesterday was awesome with no-one around. this morning was also pretty nice. no-wind, snowed on top of nice soft snow. nearly everything has been riding good. amazingly low density snow considering it was still raining in the valley.

bet some big lines go down late this afternoon

legs are now completely done.

Feb. 1, 2012, 6:38 p.m.

While no snorkel was required for any, I'm going to go ahead and call the last five days epic. Five days of powder.

Seventh got punched out pretty damn fast which dragged me down a bit. Hit the P2P, hit Symphony and then hiked up Flute for some epic freshies.

Here for three more days. Might hit Flute again tomorrow and then play in the park for the rest.

Anyone need someone to fill in on their cat/heli trip? Fuck my retirement.

Feb. 1, 2012, 6:41 p.m.

Forgot to say bluebird day today.

Feb. 18, 2012, 5:47 p.m.

My first time up Whistler today for a long time (about 15 years). I found out when I got there that it is the busiest weekend of the year but 20cms of fresh snow made it worth the lift lines. A few face shots here and there, some fun trees and one fantastic run down Flute made my day. Knackered by 2pm. Woot!!

Cheers, Ben

Feb. 18, 2012, 6:14 p.m.

We got on the gondola before 8:00 AM… had 4 full direct-to-lift Symphony runs (amongst other tomfoolery).

Brilliant day.

Feb. 18, 2012, 6:43 p.m.

We got on the gondola before 8:00 AM… had 4 full direct-to-lift Symphony runs (amongst other tomfoolery).

Brilliant day.

yeah we nailed it too, quick red lap, goat to vd's was awesome, a patroller friend I ran into gave the heads up on t-bars opening so hit that almost right when it cracked, untracked boomer/gun barrels, harveys to symphony, piccolo face, flute shoulder, couple of peak laps and a khyber to end it off in the sun, fantastic day!

Feb. 20, 2012, 9:22 a.m.

The most ridiculous example of collective lemming stupidity in ages. Got to Creekside late because I have dogs to walk. Parked on P3. People are returning to cars at around 9:15 because the line up is too long. Not to the footbridge but too long apparently. Get to the line and it is well beyond the ropes. Notice the two left side lines are empty. What could be the reason? Wife goes to check it out and apparently they were empty for no reason whatsoever. Go to the front of the line and get up fast. Why the lifties or snow hosts didn't correct that is beyond me.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 20, 2012, 9:28 a.m.

The most ridiculous example of collective lemming stupidity in ages. Got to Creekside late because I have dogs to walk. Parked on P3. People are returning to cars at around 9:15 because the line up is too long. Not to the footbridge but too long apparently. Get to the line and it is well beyond the ropes. Notice the two left side lines are empty. What could be the reason? Wife goes to check it out and apparently they were empty for no reason whatsoever. Go to the front of the line and get up fast. Why the lifties or snow hosts didn't correct that is beyond me.

I've seen that a bunch too, including yesterday, almost to the back of the gates in the two left lines, no one in the right, stupid idiots! hahahaha