Whistler Conditions 2011/2012

Jan. 22, 2012, 5 p.m.

Working Sat Sunday days, Thursday Friday Saturday nights has been working out for me :p supposed to be 50+ cms the next two days yeehaw

The hill can give it up nicely on weekends if it's storming and you do it right. Living north of the village is very helpful, as is sleeping in.
This weekend was a prime example. Best runs of the year for me.

I lived in bayshores for the summer but moved to alpine meadows in oct, really loving it.

Jan. 22, 2012, 5:41 p.m.

I love living in bayshores, key to good days is to be in line before 8am, smash off laps before people get up, then go for quality long runs over quantity, else you will just stand in line all day and hate it. Did three top to bottoms today, still have a huge pow eating grin on my face, kudos to the crew for getting the peak open today, those winds were nuts!

Jan. 22, 2012, 5:47 p.m.

I love living in bayshores, key to good days is to be in line before 8am, smash off laps before people get up, then go for quality long runs over quantity, else you will just stand in line all day and hate it. Did three top to bottoms today, still have a huge pow eating grin on my face, kudos to the crew for getting the peak open today, those winds were nuts!

I suggested this to my riding buddies and got the, "Are you fucking stupid look". I will now follow your lead and tell them pound sand should I ever see that time again.

Jan. 22, 2012, 7:13 p.m.

We nailed the lift timing on Blackcomb today.

About 15th chair on 7th and most people ahead of us didn't head for False Face.

2nd lap we saw friends waiting for Showcase to open but we opted for Horstman instead and got 3rd and 4th tracks in 5.O.

Got to Glacier and noticed that Showcase was still on hold.

Did another Chainsaw lap as it was still fresh.

On the next lap up Glacier the winds started to go nuclear and we saw that Horstman was shut down but managed to squeak onto Showcase just before it closed.

Hit lunch when they shut down the alpine. Decided after lunch to get one more run in then boogie home to make an Ikea run to finish planning our bathroom reno.

Glad we left at 2pm as it was puking snow and there were several accidents on the highway behind us. We had pretty clear roads and no traffic home.

Jan. 22, 2012, 7:26 p.m.

We nailed the lift timing on Blackcomb today.

About 15th chair on 7th and most people ahead of us didn't head for False Face.

2nd lap we saw friends waiting for Showcase to open but we opted for Horstman instead and got 3rd and 4th tracks in 5.O.

Got to Glacier and noticed that Showcase was still on hold.

Did another Chainsaw lap as it was still fresh.

On the next lap up Glacier the winds started to go nuclear and we saw that Horstman was shut down but managed to squeak onto Showcase just before it closed.

Hit lunch when they shut down the alpine. Decided after lunch to get one more run in then boogie home to make an Ikea run to finish planning our bathroom reno.

Glad we left at 2pm as it was puking snow and there were several accidents on the highway behind us. We had pretty clear roads and no traffic home.

Did they get the back of showcase open? hit a lap of spankys and saw people coming from what looked like it could have been the glacier.

Jan. 22, 2012, 7:39 p.m.

Yes the Glacier was open. good skiing down the side of the Blow Hole and below Surfs Up.

Jan. 23, 2012, 7:30 a.m.

peak ran until at least 2 I think, it was super good in the trees

Jan. 23, 2012, 8:39 a.m.

not a bad time to be taking 5 days off for a whistler/duffy trip

Jan. 23, 2012, 6:06 p.m.

I was considering making the trip tomorrow but it looks like she'll be windier tomorrow. Let me know how stupid I was for not going up ;)

Brah, ya fucked up.

Cant complain about 22cm fresh on my birthday with Blackcomb alpine open today!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 23, 2012, 6:34 p.m.

Brah, ya fucked up.

Cant complain about 22cm fresh on my birthday with Blackcomb alpine open today!

LOL

I was watching all day.. I noticed 7th was closed for a while, but good 'ol Horstman let people in through the back door for the morning.

Happy birthday.. what a fine fucking gift too!

Jan. 23, 2012, 6:39 p.m.

Todd, can I get your autograph next time I'm up? My wife is "Friends" with the Whistler/Blackcomb on "The Facebook" and I saw your mug there. Surely you are part of the Whistler Elite now (if you weren't already that is)?

Jan. 23, 2012, 7:06 p.m.

hahaah, that pic was from yesterdays pow smashing, although today was soooo good, nomnomnomnomnomnom

Jan. 23, 2012, 8:31 p.m.

^pockets of fresh on 7th until closing. Hope tomorrow is half as good

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 24, 2012, 10:08 p.m.

Today was epicccccccccccc wooooooooooooooo ……. and it's still dumpin.. it was so dead today too which made it that much better. May have broken my ankle though ahhh gotta get x-rays tmrw.

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Jan. 24, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

Today was epicccccccccccc wooooooooooooooo ……. and it's still dumpin.. it was so dead today too which made it that much better. May have broken my ankle though ahhh gotta get x-rays tmrw.

Weren't both alpine's closed today?