Whistler Blackcomb conditions Winter 2014/15

March 16, 2015, 2:20 p.m.

Some fine backcountry conditions right now. Awesome lap down decker main today, the entrance is way steeper than normal. Nice speed pow with some variable crunchiness to keep you alert. Sadly, that's the run of the year for me.

March 19, 2015, 3:29 p.m.

It was a fucking powder day today. The snow line dropped to the village as the day went on. Refills throughout the day. No one was there.

Thank you baby jesus.

March 19, 2015, 4:49 p.m.

It was a fucking powder day today. The snow line dropped to the village as the day went on. Refills throughout the day. No one was there.

Thank you baby jesus.

totally! my bud and I ditched work and were on the peak just after 2, 5 frontside pow laps and then a west bowl which were all really good!

March 19, 2015, 7:07 p.m.

day of the year for me. good day to be wearing a patrol jacket, step ahead all day. rare to have the last run be as good as the first. one of my best laps ever down pipeline, very loaded.

apparently everyone has given up or forgot how to assess spring conditions. pouring rain all night and 3 degrees = good times up high.

March 19, 2015, 7:53 p.m.

day of the year for me. good day to be wearing a patrol jacket, step ahead all day. rare to have the last run be as good as the first. one of my best laps ever down pipeline, very loaded.

apparently everyone has given up or forgot how to assess spring conditions. pouring rain all night and 3 degrees = good times up high.

Were you traveling in a pack of three other patrolers? I was lapping Secret stuff for a couple of hours and kept seeing a group of four having fun.

March 19, 2015, 11:31 p.m.

Were you traveling in a pack of three other patrolers? I was lapping Secret stuff for a couple of hours and kept seeing a group of four having fun.

I even got my fill with an 11yr old and 9yr old in tow. Sent them down the blues while I got fresh lines over and over. Great day! Poor kids were burned out after 4 hours.

March 20, 2015, 7:12 a.m.

March 20, 2015, 11:35 a.m.

What a difference a day makes. Stay at work Flip. Sticky and wet half way down the glacier.

March 20, 2015, 12:21 p.m.

What a difference a day makes. Stay at work Flip. Sticky and wet half way down the glacier.

roger that, I didn't even bring my gear with me today….hoping for falling freezing levels, quickly, this aft/evening/overnight!

March 20, 2015, 4:07 p.m.

Hey, as long as the snow sticks around and gets a little more base for the balance of the season, it is fine by me!

March 20, 2015, 5:43 p.m.

Hey, as long as the snow sticks around and gets a little more base for the balance of the season, it is fine by me!

Right attitude, this winter has been the biggest 1st world problem whining-fest ever haha

March 20, 2015, 9:36 p.m.

Right attitude, this winter has been the biggest 1st world problem whining-fest ever haha

This is true. Ive had to re-set myself a few times. Just gotta enjoy it for what it is. Spring skiing is fun, eating outside on the patio is fun, sometimes even icy is a bit fun. Its still sliding on snow and its always better than being at work. Ive actually found Ive kinda been skiing like a little kid this year. I jump off little things more and more, and I just kinda play around a lot more. Its been fun - just different.

Ive also really enjoyed all the cool little resort edits that have come out this year. Mostly of guys boosting air off of features that they'd probably never even looked at before. Its just kinda shown that no matter what, you can always have fun.

March 20, 2015, 9:37 p.m.

This is true. Ive had to re-set myself a few times. Just gotta enjoy it for what it is. Spring skiing is fun, eating outside on the patio is fun, sometimes even icy is a bit fun. Its still sliding on snow and its always better than being at work. Ive actually found Ive kinda been skiing like a little kid this year. I jump off little things more and more, and I just kinda play around a lot more. Its been fun - just different.

Ive also really enjoyed all the cool little resort edits that have come out this year. Mostly of guys boosting air off of features that they'd probably never even looked at before. Its just kinda shown that no matter what, you can always have fun.

lol

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 20, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

I couldn't agree more. I'm going to end up with 50+ days on the card this year and as shitty as this year was, I still had a blast.

I dropped the phrase, "First world problem" with strangers on the chair for the latter half of the season pretty much every chair. I was met with a chuckle every single time. I think only the trustifarians are really up in arms about their poor travel plans than anyone else.

Life is good. See you all tomorrow.

March 21, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

Bottomless snow in the Alpine today and had to be the best day of the year!