Whistler Blackcomb conditions Winter 2014/15

Nov. 24, 2014, 7:38 p.m.

I don't know which card you got, but that son of a bitch Punky got his card in Guest Services while we were still biking (September). They didn't give me one because they said they mailed out my winter seasons pass one already and it would cause problems.

The card he got seemed to be made out of paper while mine seemed to be made out of proper plastic.

Mine survived the last week or two of the bike park and will live just fine in my arm pocket on my jacket for the winter season.

Nov. 24, 2014, 10:15 p.m.

The card he got seemed to be made out of paper

Yeah that's the one! Will be interesting to see how it holds up…

Nov. 24, 2014, 11:06 p.m.

Yeah that's the one! Will be interesting to see how it holds up…

Mine was picked up at guest services and it is credit card like plastic. Hopefully your holds up!

Nov. 25, 2014, 7:57 a.m.

ya. i got mine at the cabin and its almost no different than last years pass. although, you can't punch a hole in it.

Nov. 25, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

Glad my jacket has a pocket down by the cuff on the left arm. Here I thought "what a useless pocket" when I got the jacket. Nice to just reach out and tag the reader and keep on sliding without a stop.

Nov. 25, 2014, 11:56 a.m.

I ended up having two passes as I got one printed for the bike park and then they sent me one for the season pass.

Apparently you can have two active passes on the same account. You just can't use them both on the same day.

Nov. 25, 2014, 1:06 p.m.

I ended up having two passes as I got one printed for the bike park and then they sent me one for the season pass.

Apparently you can have two active passes on the same account. You just can't use them both on the same day.

Ya, that's going to save me the $5 reprint fee!

Nov. 26, 2014, 9:13 a.m.

Da fuq Mother Nature?

Nov. 26, 2014, 9:24 a.m.

haha - a predicted alpine low swing of 24° from now till sat. what is this, calgary?

Nov. 26, 2014, 3:54 p.m.

I don't know which card you got, but that son of a bitch Punky got his card in Guest Services while we were still biking (September). They didn't give me one because they said they mailed out my winter seasons pass one already and it would cause problems.

The card he got seemed to be made out of paper while mine seemed to be made out of proper plastic.

Mine survived the last week or two of the bike park and will live just fine in my arm pocket on my jacket for the winter season.

Im so fucking legit!

:werd:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 26, 2014, 8:27 p.m.

I put my pass in the left chestal pocket of my fleece jacket under my goretex shell. Worked fine. What didn't work so well was the guy in front of me that didn't or couldn't pull forward enough and the 1/3 turnstill got a little friendly with my ass. And the guy behind me that wasn't able to trigger the gate. By and large a non issue I think.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 27, 2014, 8:11 a.m.

Well… huge pineapple. What'r ya' gonna' do. Hopefully the snow transitions fast enough tonight and tomorrow to insulate the schlock on the ground so it doesn't freeze right up into a skating rink before it clears and gets cold.

We braved last weekend… kids chomping at the bit and all that. Other than the mach loonies on Pony, we found good turns. Couple a good lips off cat tracks for the kids to work on spinny stuff. Even mid Freight-Train off Orange Peel was rideable.

As for RFID, we all put them in left pant pockets with zero issues. Just slide by and beep. Preferable for us, as we each have a shell jacket and an insulated jacket depending on weather. But same pants. So won't make that fatal error of showing up with a jacket sans pass. Overall, I only saw a few problems with the RFID, and I think they all seemed to be user error, not system error.

Dec. 2, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

Current conditions. Shitty. Unless you like skiing three runs that are icy. But there are a bunch of really friendly folks out there waiving and stuff. I waived back. they all seem to wear this bright yellow jackets. While they waive all friendly like their faces are stuck on grumpy.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 2, 2014, 4:12 p.m.

If we don't get some snow soon I might need to actually sharpen my edges for the first time since leaving Ontario.

Dec. 2, 2014, 4:22 p.m.

Im probably installing the shock on the V10 for this weekend instead

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.