Wax

Dec. 4, 2015, 9:58 p.m.

I noticed the Swix high Fluoro on my Nordic skis. Holly crap it was fast that first day. I was simply double poling the flats passing skate skiers. Not very good skate skiers, but skating none the less.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 4, 2015, 10 p.m.

If I get cancer my kids will be coming after you OF.

Dec. 4, 2015, 11:43 p.m.

As OF says, the HF will be a huge difference, but you are talking about $60 for a 40g bar, the LF is a pretty large difference and it is only $20 for the 40g bar. You can buy a LF Universal 250g bar from Van Ski for $30, this works pretty darn good in my opinion.

If you are on the misery sticks, then there is a huge benefit for you there. If you are just out for a ski or ride, then the HC wax is probably good enough, if you wax for specific conditions, the HC will work way better than just a universal temp range.

I use LF on my stuff and HC universal on my friends stuff, if they can't figure out how to wax themselves, then they need to go slower than me. That is the rule.

Waxing with Fluro should be done in a ventilated room, do not do it in a small enclosed space.

Dec. 5, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

My bad. I have LF waxes. Still works well. A guy today thought I was gliding better than him. Tomorrow we go up and powder ski.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 7, 2015, 5:31 p.m.

Brand wise i always like Kuu I had a couple of large bricks I bought cheap, work well goes on scrapes of easy and besides they are canadian eh?