Walk mode ski binders.

March 30, 2016, 6:53 a.m.

been on dynafits for close to 20yrs. I just can't imagine touring on frame bindings now. tried og guardians. so heavy and pivot placement makes them much worse. the ski I use most(praxis gpo) I have mounted with Solomon sth14(rebadged atomic ffg) alpine clamps mounted on cast touring system. I've toured on them only about 10 days in the 2 yrs ive had them(I have dedicated touring skis w dynafits). cast works really well and I've had no issues(probably 60+ days on the hill). looks like tyrolia attack toepieces are good for thicker soles as well. they usually have summer sales too
http://casttouring.com/collections/si-i-systems/products/si-i-for-tyrolia-attack

after one of my barons broke in december I picked up a used set of skis with sth/cast and transferred it to my lib techs, such a rad setup. I normally ski a lot of fairly aggressive inbounds before a bit of slack country, so tech was a non-starter for me. been out a few times on the cast and love it for what I need. will likely get tech bindings for my other pair of skis for full on touring however…the stride is a hell of a lot better than frame bindings for sure, but yeah, not interested in ever skiing them in bounds semi-regularly.

March 30, 2016, 7:50 a.m.

http://ca-store.genuineguidegear.com/collections/clearance

G3 has some good deals on blem IONS for 399, 2 piece carbon poles 90$ and some skin deals too

I think the ion has proven itself, 90 for the poles is a great deal theirr skin glue sometimes isnt great but easily fixed with an 11$ tube of goldlabel

March 30, 2016, 9:02 a.m.

by the way XXX i have your ski crampons in a box on my desk for the last 3 months but ive been to lazy to go the the post office

March 30, 2016, 10:14 a.m.

oh yeah right, [HTML_REMOVED]99mm underfoot for an FR+ will fit my GF's skis, its 10C at the hill today and its only 10am …no rush!

if yer ever in smithers she can hook you up with a free yoga practise

April 1, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

How about the technica's ?

The boots? If so, I have the Cochise Pro Light 120 and they are good. Not the lightest, but lighter than my full Alpine boot and ski well.

I have Marker Kingpin 13 and I can ride at near full speed on piste and have full confidence off piste.

I just finished a 4 day tour on Tantalus and the boot, binding and ski combo was perfect. Just wish I had brought skin wax for the third day…

April 1, 2016, 11:03 p.m.

Yeah well the big thing/the only thing with any ski boot is does it fit YOUR foot??

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/299861-Tecnica-ZeroG-boot

SO while the technicas don't fit my foot ( cuz I'm a vulcan guy ) I know the technicas fit someones foot and I've heard good things about the Technica AT boots both the cochise [HTML_REMOVED] zero G

http://nikwax.com/en-gb/products/productdetail.php?productid=70

for the snow buildup on skins I can highly recommnend this ^^ stuff, I do mine at home once or twice a season and nothing sticks to the skin, they don't even get very wet, I still carry wax in case but I never need it

April 2, 2016, 8:47 a.m.

for the snow buildup on skins I can highly recommnend this ^^ stuff, I do mine at home once or twice a season and nothing sticks to the skin, they don't even get very wet, I still carry wax in case but I never need it

I just bought that stuff yesterday from Escape Route in Whistler.

April 2, 2016, 1:45 p.m.

after one of my barons broke in december I picked up a used set of skis with sth/cast and transferred it to my lib techs, such a rad setup. I normally ski a lot of fairly aggressive inbounds before a bit of slack country, so tech was a non-starter for me. been out a few times on the cast and love it for what I need. will likely get tech bindings for my other pair of skis for full on touring however…the stride is a hell of a lot better than frame bindings for sure, but yeah, not interested in ever skiing them in bounds semi-regularly.

right on! ya just an alpine binding function until you want to tour. using them with my scarpa freedom sl's all last yr(on hill and those few days of slackcountry) with Solomon sth's. bought some full tilts for this year and i'll probably send those boots to cast in the summer for the toe fittings but more than a few boots next year that skistiff enough for on hill and release appropriately from an alpine clamp and have tech fittings(lupo ti, langes next yr offering etc)
for daily ripping around the hill all the pin techs have their widely publicised flaws olus alpine boots and clamps are cheap. I'm going to get another cast/sth setup for my 99underfoot piste jibs when I send my boots in. why not? they're there when I need them

I just bought that stuff yesterday from Escape Route in Whistler.

I just buy a box of safety candles from the dollar store. gone thru a few boxes over the years. dirt cheap. work fine rubbing them on skins when they ball up in the spring pow. used them on dry bases in a pinch. last week a friends snowboard was so dry she couldn't slide down a steep slope. safety candles worked like a charm. also the obvious, for heat in a snow cave/shelter

April 3, 2016, 8:34 a.m.

I just buy a box of safety candles from the dollar store. gone thru a few boxes over the years. dirt cheap. work fine rubbing them on skins when they ball up in the spring pow. used them on dry bases in a pinch. last week a friends snowboard was so dry she couldn't slide down a steep slope. safety candles worked like a charm. also the obvious, for heat in a snow cave/shelter

Good to know. I didn't consider regular candle wax.

April 3, 2016, 6:40 p.m.

yeah wax will work and wax is wax SO if you are out there and the snow is stickin to your skins just dig around in yer ear … earwax eh?

April 4, 2016, 7:55 a.m.

Yeah well the big thing/the only thing with any ski boot is does it fit YOUR foot??

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/299861-Tecnica-ZeroG-boot

SO while the technicas don't fit my foot ( cuz I'm a vulcan guy ) I know the technicas fit someones foot and I've heard good things about the Technica AT boots both the cochise [HTML_REMOVED] zero G

I dont think the technicas fit the horseshoe insert for the beasts. Im deep $$$ into getting my Mastreale RS to work for me. max punch and im going to try molding some power wraps I have kicking around.

April 4, 2016, 11:40 a.m.

right the beast heel insert, the maestrale IS a popular boot (doesn't fit me) good luck!!

April 4, 2016, 11:09 p.m.

the Mastreale is a weird fitting boot. I have narrow feet with high arches and I had to get one boot punched on the anterior side and the medial toe box on the other foot is super tight. and most boot fitter think my shells are size too big. the plastic used in touring boots does not like to be moulded. so there is only so much yo can do. hacked up some old liners to fill out the cuffs which has helped a ton with getting them to ski properly with out either feeling like slippers or killing my feet. I still grew a nice new bone spur this year.

ski boots suck.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

April 5, 2016, 8:32 a.m.

Does the Maestrale fit wierd or is it YOU? cuz they are a really big selling boot, well priced,with intuition liner and real dynafit tech fittings

AT boot used to be Pebex now its grilamid which is lighter [HTML_REMOVED] SO stiff they can't use it to make an overlap boot which is why the maestrale has the hinged tongue

yeah finding "the boot" sucks, I think I found mine

April 5, 2016, 8:44 a.m.

it might be me ;) we are all beautiful snow flakes and all that, but I do find it odd that I have narrow feet and a boot that is a a size too big acourding to classic proformance fit ideas is too narrow for my feet. I have made them work but it took some time. and I learned a lot along the way, so there is that.

my Dynafit z-zeros which are now butchered splitboard boots have never given me and grief. I have been swapping the liners between these boots. so there is a some what direct comparison.

ski boots suck ;)

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.