Walk mode ski binders.

March 27, 2016, 7:57 p.m.

there isn't any release mechanism in the toe all so it does is hold the front of the boot up

everybody I know with the king pin is liking the product both on [HTML_REMOVED] off piste

this would include some former dynafit users

March 27, 2016, 8:38 p.m.

there isn't any release mechanism in the toe all so it does is hold the front of the boot up.

I don't ski with the toe in climbing mode.

March 27, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

Likely din 12 or 13 will be fine if you don't have the "Brucejack Belly" so did you look at MEC?

TECH gear is better IF you REALLY know you wana get into touring but its at least a K to get into Tech boots and bindings which is a big commitment if you don't really know what you don't really know

Its ok up here but I wouldn't use tech inbounds at whistler too much

Weird thing is,I've been doing dawn patrols for the past two weeks out back and only seen pinners in the lift line when I come back inbounds.they seem more like status symbols than sturdy gear. Dave almost sold me a set of kingpins though.

The belly has been transformed to skintrack rage.you should go outside once and a while

Pastor of Muppets

March 27, 2016, 9 p.m.

yeah I do not but lots of people do ski with toes locked

probably cuz they have pre-released cuz they did not clear the toes piece of snow by cycling the toe piece or properly clearing the tech fittings in the boot

but in any case my point would be that there is noting in an unlocked toe that keeps you in a tech binding (except the Vipec)

the heel releases 1st and the toe piece comes out of the bootfittings 2nd

March 27, 2016, 9:04 p.m.

Weird thing is,I've been doing dawn patrols for the past two weeks out back and only seen pinners in the lift line when I come back inbounds.they seem more like status symbols than sturdy gear. Dave almost sold me a set of kingpins though.

The belly has been transformed to skintrack rage.you should go outside once and a while

dawn Patrol … what? were you up all night drinking rancid budwieser?

I have so much gear that I don't need to actualy ski any of it to be cool

March 27, 2016, 9:22 p.m.

dawn Patrol … what? were you up all night drinking rancid budwieser?

I have so much gear that I don't need to actualy ski any of it to be cool

Nope,just getting er done on my heavy clapped out out of style rig.between that and my bad attitude,no wonder I ride solo.

cantcrackthebrofest

Pastor of Muppets

March 27, 2016, 9:52 p.m.

we should walk around up on the praire this next week in the sun

March 27, 2016, 10:09 p.m.

we should walk around up on the praire this next week in the sun

Got other fish to fry before I head back to fatten up on tuesday

It's pretty ugly up there now anyways. Nasty suncrust

Pastor of Muppets

March 27, 2016, 10:16 p.m.

Nasty yeah but it will soften up pretty quick

I been rockin the groomers on skinny FIS norm GS race skis … crazy fast n fun!

March 29, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

I have a definite speed limit on Whistler icy groomers with my kingpins… wish I had the wherewithal to figure out if it were my toes or my heels.

Have you used other tech bindings in the past? I know we are about the same size so I'm curious if you noticed improve skiing in-bounds on the Kingpins.

I have Radical ST's on my touring skis and they are not fun at any speed inbounds, icy bumps are the worst. I have Guardians on another pair of skis and while they ski awesome they use so much more energy touring. I'm not that much faster speed wise on the Radicals, maybe 15%, but I use so much less energy on the ascent.

March 29, 2016, 12:29 p.m.

Yes ^^ going uphill on 4 buckle alpine/frame binding/heavish ski vs light full dynafit setup on the same stretch of trail going up to the ski hill I pegged my difference in speed/effort/sweat at about 12-15%.

Up here we get away with AT or even tech setups on piste cuz its never busy and not icy

I ran into 5 of the salomon freeskitv guys at hankin last year all on mtn labs/radicals so I asked you gona huck on those? No they were just scoping for places to film and they would use guardians for hucking

March 29, 2016, 12:31 p.m.

I bought Beast 14s they ski inbounds pretty decent and released when I wanted them to

the boots are the weak link for me as I like a shorter stiff boot
and Vulcans dont fit

March 29, 2016, 12:59 p.m.

How about the technica's ?

March 29, 2016, 4 p.m.

Have you used other tech bindings in the past? I know we are about the same size so I'm curious if you noticed improve skiing in-bounds on the Kingpins.

I have Radical ST's on my touring skis and they are not fun at any speed inbounds, icy bumps are the worst. I have Guardians on another pair of skis and while they ski awesome they use so much more energy touring. I'm not that much faster speed wise on the Radicals, maybe 15%, but I use so much less energy on the ascent.

The kingpins are my first kick at the pin tech can.

If I'm on snowy groomers I have never had a release and that's going as fast as the run/equipment allows… as soon as ice appears though I hit the flaps and the chute.

March 29, 2016, 4:01 p.m.

I should add I'm deathly afraid of losing a season or four to a non-released ski so I've been very slow on the walk up the din chart. At about 10 now.