Volcom Jackets

Oct. 6, 2009, 12:35 p.m.

Does anyone have any experience of Volcom snowboarding jackets?

I've been looking at this jacket [HTML_REMOVED] I wondered what the Volcom quality is like compared to a Burton AK or similar?

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Volcom?

Any other recommendations for a Gore-Tex shell?

Cheers

Oct. 6, 2009, 1:01 p.m.

I think as a general rule, snowboard company garb is crap. BUT… I have a pair of Volcom Gore-tex pants and they're awesome! I think their cheap stuff kinda blows, but the high end stuff can definitely take a good beating. Ive put about 150+ days on the pants, teleing (which usually means they get the shit cut out of them) and theyre still going strong.

Oct. 6, 2009, 1:06 p.m.

arcterxy

Oct. 6, 2009, 1:07 p.m.

I think as a general rule, snowboard company garb is crap. BUT… I have a pair of Volcom Gore-tex pants and they're awesome! I think their cheap stuff kinda blows, but the high end stuff can definitely take a good beating. Ive put about 150+ days on the pants, teleing (which usually means they get the shit cut out of them) and theyre still going strong.

This is one of the prime bonuses of getting Gore-Tex gear. They won't let just anyone use the Gore-Tex hang tag and name. So the gear actually has to be approved by Gore-Tex.

So yes most snowboard outdoor apparel is crap…but if it's a Gore-Tex item you will likely fair much better.

Oct. 6, 2009, 1:09 p.m.

arcterxy

Or you could just buy something at MEC and duct tape 100 dollar bills to your chest.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Oct. 6, 2009, 1:39 p.m.

Or you could just buy something at MEC and duct tape 100 dollar bills to your chest.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

zing

And you get to look like a West Van dentist.

Oct. 6, 2009, 3:59 p.m.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

I find some MEC stuff is good and some is just OK. All Arcteryx I have owned has been 100%. You pay more, but worth it. Well, I wouldn't pay retail - get it at the outlet. Still expensive, but well worth it.

Oct. 6, 2009, 5:10 p.m.

I'd probably get a Volcom gore jacket before an AK jacket, and I really like the AK stuff. But I enjoy wrist gaiters too much.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 6, 2009, 5:34 p.m.

I bought 2 pieces and they are my favorites cuz they work

I didnt pay list for either piece which makes them about the same or even less than a MEC branded product that never goes on sale and doesn't necessarily work as well

mine got stains and shoo-gooed rips so I look like a westvan dentist who's stock portfolio went in the tank last year