Tech Bindings

Feb. 12, 2015, 12:57 p.m.

^^ I have the same-ish setup!!!

but one is STH16
and the other is Dynafit.

Feb. 12, 2015, 4:59 p.m.

libs and barons FTW… :)

Are those Pow's?

My snowboard is a TRice Goldmember. It's an amazing board.. never thought of looking at their skis.

Feb. 12, 2015, 5:07 p.m.

Are those Pow's?

My snowboard is a TRice Goldmember. It's an amazing board.. never thought of looking at their skis.

they are indeed….I love these skis, they pretty much crush every condition all the time. Take a beating and made semi-locally….PNW is local, right? :)

Feb. 12, 2015, 5:17 p.m.

they are indeed….I love these skis, they pretty much crush every condition all the time. Take a beating and made semi-locally….PNW is local, right? :)

Indeed!

Who in Whis sells their skis?

Feb. 12, 2015, 5:45 p.m.

Indeed!

Who in Whis sells their skis?

evolution

Feb. 13, 2015, 6:36 a.m.

if you mostly ride lift and shuffle groms around a step-in binding that will tour is probably better,

Have you seen the crew I ski with?

I don't have groms but I have shuffled rod the quad down twinkle toes and the tech binding was a hassle but I was on them because I toured up

what was the hassle?

Besides,I hear those tech bindings cant even hold up to midlifing meadowskippers!!

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 13, 2015, 8:51 a.m.

I haven't seen your crew cuz I almost never ski over there

but Ha! taking Rod the quad skiing is much [HTML_REMOVED] hassle than any mere gaggle of groms cuz it requires a crew of at least 4 people including his ski instructor, people carrying bags of gear/down jackets/ a 12ft pole/ an aluminium chair for resting/ food [HTML_REMOVED] water, a skier on each side of the 12" pole, sometimes a sled ride from ski patrol or stopping the chair to get on/off all to do a twinkle toes run which will take 2-3 hrs, rods 1 lap of Ptarmigan last year at the Everest Challenge had 6 people helping him up the piste but he did it … many able bodied people could't do that let hike alone an incomplete spinal

So IME an AT sole is nice for the extra traction/ease of walking but getting in and out of tech toes constantly sucks,one of the other guys in Rod's entourage had techs with ankle straps so it was such a hassle it made him get brakes but a non-tech AT binding would be better, my STOP the last 2 years has been a speed hikes up from town trying to break 1hr, change all my soaked gear and meet the crew to help Rod ski 1 lap of twinkle toes. Same with DH race course work IME its all just work on skis … not skiing

Fortunately I had the one-eyed AZN lawyer along to strap my boot to the ski so of course I asked him "what din is that"

aren't I past midlife?

Feb. 22, 2015, 3:16 p.m.

I didn't catch his name yet, but there's a certain dude at Excess Backcountry in Whistler who's fucking awesome.

Totally above an beyond.