Splitboard or snowshoes?

Jan. 23, 2014, 5:40 p.m.

My school of thought is, that if you are going to buy a splitboard that has 3 parts [HTML_REMOVED] a removable center section, or approach skis…you should just buy skis. That Salomon board is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and you have one more part to lose, break, ice up, and add to transition times.

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to splitboard is with hardboots and dynafit toe pieces. Everything else is a partial solution to the problem of moving efficiently in the backcountry.

See and I bet you the Salomon split is geared towards the hardboot/dynafit crowd. Again total Euro thing.

Salomon currently have 3 traditional split models in their line-up.

http://www.phenix-snowboards.com/Snowboards/frx-162-all-wood.html

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 27, 2014, 1:01 p.m.

I doubt the burton sherlock would make a good split. I bought a cheap wood core snowboard and split it. the whole thing cost me just over 200 bucks and it worked great. Actually I still use it as a rock board. I don't know how much snowshoes are these days but I'm guessing they ain't cheap.

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewforum.php?f=16

Quoting this post as it was sitting in the mod queue for a few days so no one saw it.

Feb. 4, 2014, 5:15 p.m.

That Salomon 3 piece board

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 5, 2014, 10:06 a.m.

I imagine everyone here has already done this:

How To Lighten Your Backcountry Setup

Feb. 5, 2014, 10:14 a.m.

There is a rather eclectic group of aging boarders up here who are into the hard boots on 130cm kids skis for the approach, because a binding for just the up doesn't have to be very bomber they made the bindings out of door hinges/heavy wire/ nylon stock and they glued climbing skin scraps directly to the skis.

They could make this stuff for [HTML_REMOVED]50$ and just pack their regular board, note that you need to smoke a lot of dope if you want to atempt this

edit: Note this^^ method lets you work less, spend more money on beer pizza dope … less money on gear