Sled Season starts off DEEP!

Dec. 24, 2012, 11:32 p.m.

There were 5 sledders on the hill… 2 were courteous, 3 were using alcohol clouded judgement… Guess who was impacting the day for the rest of the users up there…

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Dec. 25, 2012, 1:22 p.m.

Ha Ha Awesome!!
Yeah if someone arrives before you skiing or sledding how would they know it was"YOUR'S" The early bird gets the worm. Head to a park and you can ski forever with first tracks! But if your on crown land there are many ways to get there.

If you want to get there first, hike earlier or faster…

Sledding isn't that amazing and you can take your gay motor to another hill.

Total ass hat move, but like most sledders it's kind of expected. Kind of hard not to see them standing on the top eh?

Clunking is for retards.

Dec. 25, 2012, 1:33 p.m.

Ha Ha Awesome!!
Yeah if someone arrives before you skiing or sledding how would they know it was"YOUR'S" The early bird gets the worm. Head to a park and you can ski forever with first tracks! But if your on crown land there are many ways to get there.

If you want to get there first, hike earlier or faster…

Spoken like a true sledder. If you cant tell someone is skiing up to a line you are an idiot. But the lame part is they do know what is going on but dont care.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Dec. 25, 2012, 4:17 p.m.

YOU of all people should know better Norona, on a good day I got maybe one horsepower you have hundreds, I can start while its still dark or even the day before and you will beat me there cuz that is not fair means … so why can't you play some where's else ?

And while mtnbikers may ride or build illegal trails they are pretty quiet, they don't usually ride drunk they are not a danger to other users of the BC as opposed to high marking sledders in and around skiers, or sledders riding above skiers, sledders can cause an aviy [HTML_REMOVED] scoot away while the skiers are stuck with whatever the sleds bring down on them which is why we need to be separate but sledders don't understand why we don't want to recreate with them

A heli guide down south told me the new machines are awesume they can/will go wherever they want SO he has bombed drainages to keep them out of the tenure "whats a bomb worth 50$?"

Sometimes sleds do a sevice like the basemnet guy tells me "they came in ripped a few lines that would set off anything that was gona go and left … I felt more confident about stability after that "

Dec. 26, 2012, 6:57 a.m.

Seriously boyz this is nsmb if your going to take everything so seriously maybe you should not be here. I also do a lot of touring and touring off my sled and sled ski as well as sled. I have seen many stupid moves by sledders as well.

Last year in Rutherford we were skiing some lines and these french canadian guys came in and joined us. It is the backcountry so people can go where they please but to just drop in on lines without saying hi is also kind of weird in my books, they took a few runs then sledded directly down the run destroying most of the rest of the skiing. Bonehead move. I just shook my head and found something else.

There are a ton of bonehead moves by sledders, skiers, snowboarders(how about our friend on Cypress) as well as every other user regardless of sport. You can obviously focus on this small part of the user group and cast the whole group like this.

You can also find why your sport is right and others maybe wrong whether it be noise, deep tracks, or whatever else. The truth is I do this stuff every day and it is easy to find a spot where this never happens and also the spot it may happen 10% so you choose what to whine about. I don't got to the grouse grind, pipeline trail, garibaldi, whistler bike park, etc on a Saturday and complain about the crowds and things people do as I can easily choose a place to go to find the goods by any means and see no one and have the place to myself.

And even though we have a half a horsepower when were walking, running, biking etc. , you still used a car most likely to get you closer. Think of a sled as that. You may not like it but where they are allowed to go they will go there. And yes when you know how to ride sleds will go anywhere. The majority of sledders don't poach cat ski or heli terrain as in many place cat skiing companies groom the road, an example of this is the Hurley. They do it and sledders respect their area. When guys like weigle spew off to the media that sledders don't belong and his heli skiing does, well he just pisses off guys and they try to ride his area…

You may not do the sport nor like it but people have been sledding for a long time and just like mountain biking the equipment has improved dramatically and that allows us to do more and have more fun! Your fun might not be someone else's but in the playground you have to get along or find a place where you don't want to see them, like a park. Here in the Sea 2 Sky you can ski touring from Cypress to Joffre with the exception of the small area around Brohm Ridge. That is a pretty big area ( like 100 whistler blackcombs) to find a hill without sleds…

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and may you find that awesome spot from which to enjoy your time in the backcountry! :)

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Dec. 26, 2012, 8:57 a.m.

Next time ill make our intentions more visible and stop the sleds. They could easily enjoy the snow after us while they made massive trenches which turned the glades unskiable.

The bigger issue is the massive influx of Alberta money and the sled population is increasing. Mount Washington is full already so this is the next closest area.

It's a former ski hill that lost the battle to deep snow, then vandals razed the lodge and structures in the late 90's. makes for a great place for families to enjoy the snow on the mostly overgrown ski runs.

Dec. 26, 2012, 9:01 a.m.

First come first served brah! Shoulda skinned faster.

Did these douches poach your line from the top where you were?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 26, 2012, 9:08 a.m.

The sleds spent most of the day on the one side if the hill and did a couple laps of the main run while we skinned up. Only ski tracks were present on the run next to the face. We headed over and were getting set to start our run when the sleds blew by us and headed down the run we were setting up for. No words, just full tilt down.

The run is old and fairly treed up. To then find useful line options after the three trenches were formed was near impossible.

They could see clearly we were in that zone as it wasn't where they were.

Dec. 26, 2012, 10:39 a.m.

Would Norona like to continue defending these fine young chaps?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 26, 2012, 11:17 a.m.

Time to head over to a sled forum for a royal rumble…

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/261-canadian-snowmobile-forums/ :woot:

But first you have to go to a back country forum to gain troops

Dec. 26, 2012, 11:38 a.m.

Would Norona like to continue defending these fine young chaps?

I am not defending anyone. Just cause I would not do that or you would not do that, doesn't mean there is not people out there that will…..world is a busy place in some spots where this will go down, where I choose to ride, ski, ski tour is the places I find away from the crowds, one reason I hate holidays and weekends. Definitely harder on the island where there is limited space. Sorry it happened and I am sure since we know each other you know I mean that however I am not responsible nor agree with everything some sledders do. But really this is like backcountry skiers complaining about snowshoe tracks on the up track at Cypress Trees. Some people get pretty bent up about it but to me anyone and everyone has the right to be on the mountain. I just make new tracks or go over top. Same with when I xc ski at whistler around lost lake and people have walked along the ski classic tracks. It happens, it sucks but really in the scheme of the world it is a spoiled brat problem. Like I said easy to go places sleds or other means can't get to or want to go…you just have to find it..

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Dec. 26, 2012, 11:45 a.m.

Part of our desire to use this area is the relative safety for avalanches until we get experience. In time we will head to Strathcona park where snowmobiles are strictly forbidden and enjoy our earned turns.

I hope the guys on the sleds who were being less than courteous might find the discontent from the various families enough to make them move from this small family spot.

Dec. 26, 2012, 3:45 p.m.

Part of our desire to use this area is the relative safety for avalanches until we get experience. In time we will head to Strathcona park where snowmobiles are strictly forbidden and enjoy our earned turns.

I hope the guys on the sleds who were being less than courteous might find the discontent from the various families enough to make them move from this small family spot.

Nice, yes I am sure they were there around Christmas and probably or may not go there too often so use it again and hopefully you'll get it all to yourself s…

@davenorona

@Dave Norona