skis and goggles

Oct. 31, 2004, 2:24 p.m.

ok, i need advice. im in the market for some new goggles and skis.

im looking to spend around 100 bucks for goggles, i ski mostly seymour, grouse, and whistler.

skis and bindings im looking to spend around 600.

i've been looking at everything from mad trix to seth pistols to scratch's.

i ski mostly all mountain, i love the technical stuff and will hit the occasional drop here and there. i also like park so twin tip or mid lift is a must, i want something that is very versatile.

i weigh 175 and 6,0

what length of a ski am i looking at?

i can get really cheap deals through farzani { sportcheck and coast mtn } i dont know if that will really help me though.

what stores should i be looking at? i hear maddogs usually has cheap deals.

any advice would help

thanks
-Kirill

bike for sale: 04 16' matrix w/ 01 super t. 24/26 hayes hydros, top notch parts, excellent condition. 1100 obo

Oct. 31, 2004, 3:02 p.m.

i have the older seth pistols, and i think they kick ass for everything off-piste… lot's of fun. you just point and shoot. they are so fun that i busted by binding a week after i got them. (if that maks sense). they are sluggish edge to edge, but it doesn't matter. it's like accusing a Demo9 of not being good on the street. they are fun for what they are built for.

i think that if you are going to try to get a ski that works in the park, less width is a good idea. i can hardly wait in line with out getting the rear tips caught up on each other. but i don't ski park, so i would not know.

i think that the new Volkl freeride line looks really good

i just bought a pair of elan 777, and they "look" like a quality ski. two layers of titanium, carbon, wood, vertical sidewalls.

if you're re 175 i'd get 184's or close to that.

Oct. 31, 2004, 3:06 p.m.

Don't even bother shopping at a store if you can get deals through Forzani.

Ask your manager for the "Jim Rennie" business book, and find the companies that you want stuff from in there, and contact the reps/customer service agents. Or just ask your manager to get you prodeal forms for the differnt companies, but usually managers fuck the dog with that kind of stuff so its faster if you contact the reps and get them to email or fax the forms right to you.

Count out getting Seth Pistols or anything good from K2 because I can almost guarantee that they will be out of stock for prodeal items.

I would go Rossignol for bindings, a Scratch 100 binding will be less than $100. So that is that covered.
As for skis, I think your best bet right now will be Rossignol, Head, and Salomon. In my experience they usually have stock around the longest time. Madtrix would be very cheap, allowing you to get some nice new boots with your $600 as well. But I am a big Rossi fan, and for doing a bit of everything I found that the Scratch BC was a kickass ski.

For goggles, you should be able to get a Smith orderform, so you can get some Triad Regulators with a mirror lense for less than $100.

As far as ski length goes, these days you usually want to go somewhere between your forehead and chin.

shop smart, shop s-mart, mhm

Oct. 31, 2004, 5:39 p.m.

Unless you REALLY need goggles wait until boxing day and swipe some OAkleys for $100. That's what I did last year and I'm gonan do it again this year…

*FLY TRINITY! FLY!*

██████ L I V E S T R O N G ██████

SEVEN STRAIGHT SUCKA!

Nov. 1, 2004, 1:30 p.m.

Line Pollard pro model. The thing about line is that some people absolutly hate them and some love them. Mine are very slow edge to edge, but are stable as hell.