Should I retire my skis?

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:31 a.m.

quality trolling requires fat skis for sure.

mono skis are the next big thing, i would just go that way

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:31 a.m.

switch atomic bindings from atomic skis onto other atomic skis should be no problem right?

Depends. is there a track on the ski? (rails).. If so the bindings might be ski specific.

Also, depending on the age of your bindings, you could have a problem having them mounted at a shop.

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:37 a.m.

the skis look pretty much exactly the same, except 10cm more. And Ill end up changing the bindings most likely. And "quality trolling"? I though you were trolling, thats why I gave a troll reply.

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:48 a.m.

boots=rolbello something like that. bindings= atomic. Should put it out there, I dont ski at resorts simply because waste of money when you could go right up your nearest mountain. I also do like hucking cliffs and doing senders/gaps. I just put myself in a complete different category, am I right?

Yes before you merely sounded clueless but now you sound like you are full of shit

let the flames begin

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:54 a.m.

hahhaha maybe like 6 feet drops and like 10 foot senders, your right I should have worded it better

Nov. 8, 2010, 11:59 a.m.

boots=rolbello something like that. bindings= atomic. Should put it out there, I dont ski at resorts simply because waste of money when you could go right up your nearest mountain. I also do like hucking cliffs and doing senders/gaps. I just put myself in a complete different category, am I right?

You should post this over on TGR. I think you would find the forums there to be very helpful.

Nov. 8, 2010, 12:06 p.m.

You should post this over on TGR. I think you would find the forums there to be very helpful.

I overdecorated, dont pop a nut on me because of that.

Nov. 8, 2010, 12:11 p.m.

Bottom line, I realized now that taller guys dont need longer skis, its more of a weight issue. so am only upgrading 10cm now. Thanks everyone for your help.

Nov. 8, 2010, 2:01 p.m.

I concur, the tgr guys would be much more helpful .

Posted via Mobile Device

Nov. 8, 2010, 2:50 p.m.

if that was supposed to be taken as an insult, me and you fisticuffs!

Nov. 8, 2010, 3:28 p.m.

Leelau's reading this, dieing to comment

Nov. 8, 2010, 3:33 p.m.

I don't see how its an insult. TGR is a skiing forum, therefor skiing questions like this would get lots of quality answers. In the mean time, take gooch's advice.

I would say that ski length has more to do with skier style and personal preference than anything else. Of course, a 6'11 295 lb giant probably won't want a 160cm noodle, and a 5 year old kid might not have the best luck on a pair of 225cm racing sticks (if he/she did, that's awesome!!!), but there are people who will argue that you should be on just about any length in between. Also, each ski will be very different. Length isn't the only thing, there is also width, turning radius, stoke rating (???), construction, stiffness, camber, your boots, height and angle of the bindings, etc that all play a role. Read some reviews (TGR has a sticky in tech talk with reviews for 100's of skis, and searching there will get you even more)

That said, my 192's (with a 114.5 waist, since no one had started dick swinging their girth yet) are the most fun things to ski I've ever owned. (as soon as I get a pair of Lhasas, I hope that will change) I'm sure there are others out there who would absolutely hate that ski. I know when my dad skied them, they kicked his ass. Then again, I've got almost 50 lbs on him and ski very differently.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 8, 2010, 3:38 p.m.

I would say you would only need to get into that, if you were racing/comps.

Nov. 8, 2010, 4:42 p.m.

M8

I can't be bothered to formulate a coherent response to anyone that thinks this is a word.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 8, 2010, 4:48 p.m.

you'd be wrong. a 186cm carver vs a 186 spatula (full reversre reverse ski) vs a 186 lhasa pow vs a 188 bro model are all the same length(ish), but all ski differently. The difference is all the things listed above. Ask your sister. Length isn't everything. Thats why I pointed you to probably the best place on the internet for ski info, but maybe the AlpineZone forums would be better for you.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.