not looking good...

Nov. 17, 2015, 8:54 a.m.

don't be so quick, stick to your guns. the proof will come in jan\feb. just like last year,starts out promising and then…:censored:

l dunno about that. here in roberts creek we haven't had snow down so low this early in awhile. time will tell that is fo sho..:)

Nov. 17, 2015, 10:10 a.m.

arg, 15cm in my yard this morning and I can't find my skins. wtf is with that?!

Nov. 17, 2015, 9:01 p.m.

sure did, tucked tail and went to to better things. though in our defence we had no real plans of skiing there in the first place, just looking to see where the snow line was. I find it hard to get worked up about that zone unless it's tits deep top to bottom. yesterday day might have been good! #jobber

glad to see a few layers buried in the early season snow pack now. keeps things spicy ya know.

Well in my defence I'm a bit of a touring slut. Apparently I have low standards and self-esteem issues, and if a given zone is looking for some action, I'm there.
Thought I saw you up there. I think that proves you're not too good for it after all. :)

RMR is saying 39cm over the past 24 hours. Things are looking good.

Nov. 18, 2015, 8:26 a.m.

north shore stuff got rained on and frozen up.

was going to do a shitty skin up for this morning and bailed on it.

Nov. 19, 2015, 3 p.m.

Maybe a little slower start than last year but skied a couple of runs at HBM 70cms of good pow rocking the new boots/softshells/pack didn't hit anything so time to bring out the slightly better touring setup

Dec. 3, 2015, 7:53 a.m.

Not looking good at all

Pretty good for first week of Dec. This type of snowfall is why the WC DH was cancelled in Whistler years ago.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Whistler-Blackcomb/6day/mid

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 3, 2015, 9:24 a.m.

I'm still pretty reserved about the possiblity of a good winter. Looks like we're gonna get some decent snowfall this week followed by 25mm of rain in the alpine, then a nice cold snap to turn it all into a skating rink and provide us with some unstable layers :lol:

I was up for a hike the other day and above treeline had reasonable coverage, nice turns in north facing slopes, sun affected in the south. everything in-bounds needs a ton more snow before you can even think about getting off the groomers. Definitely skipping opening day here this weekend, it's gonna be a shit show

Dec. 3, 2015, 10:29 a.m.

whistler alpine not bad. local shore mountains not so good. bottom line is you need elevation, if your bellow ~1000 meters forget about it.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Dec. 12, 2015, 6:40 p.m.

Was at whistler friday So sweet. lapped flute, walk up is a pain but worth it.did itt 3 times was so good!! Up today with the kids, snow is perfect. Looks like the start of the season is a good one. Keep it coming snow angles.

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:03 p.m.

The start to this Winter has really shit the bed.

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:55 p.m.

Was at whistler friday So sweet. lapped flute, walk up is a pain but worth it.did itt 3 times was so good!! Up today with the kids, snow is perfect. Looks like the start of the season is a good one. Keep it coming snow angles.

Any obvious reasons why Symphony hasn't been running yet?

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:56 p.m.

Today was nice and deep and not wet until below Excal.

Dec. 14, 2015, 9:06 a.m.

not sure. staff??? but it's ok keeps most out, had first tracks.

Dec. 14, 2015, 11:33 a.m.

From memory, I don't think they usually get it going until closer to the holiday season (third weekend of December? Maybe even later). Guessing it's a cost savings thing. It would have been nice to have it spinning this weekend as it takes some pressure off Harmony/Peak and allows for lazy Flute laps if one is so inclined.

We were a bit late getting to Creekside, by about 8:15 the line was already back to the stairs. It took us about an hour to get on the gondola, when I looked back around 9am the line appeared to snaking all the way to Starbucks/Canski - never seen that before. Got a couple nice runs in Chunkys and Harmony lift line trees then skied Harmony the rest of the day. Wow. The snow quality was ridiculous. Faceshot after faceshot. We went into Khyber at the end of the day which was pretty much untracked. Coverage is fine until the last few pitches where you need to watch for holes and deadfall, then the ski out is alder bushwacking and open creeks.

Bring on the next storm system.

Dec. 14, 2015, 1:16 p.m.

local sidecountry has been gooooood. pretty solid feeling snowpack despite the special bulletin issued by avalanche.ca over the weekend, amazing coverage for dec. 14th…keep it coming.

best part is that it's been warm enough to still ride bikes low in the valley after a ski day, best of both worlds this year :)