not looking good...

Aug. 18, 2015, 10:43 a.m.

El Nino + The Blob = not good.

Canada senior climatologist David Phillips, noted about the Alberta Canada winter season, If that blob continues, if it stays warm … and then you add to that El Nino, it may compliment each other and then it may be the year winter is cancelled.

hope they're wrong…

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Aug. 18, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

:clap::clap::clap:

WOHOOOOOOOOOO…. bring on the Cali climate…

Aug. 18, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

:clap::clap::clap:

WOHOOOOOOOOOO…. bring on the Cali climate…

You're actually hoping for a drought state up here?

Aug. 18, 2015, 11:56 a.m.

I just wish we could get a bit smarter… do we really need sleds trucks etc. fossil fuel and over consumption of energy is screwing us up big time. To bad we'll learn when it's to late and there is nothing we can do about it… or is it to late already??? Hope not.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Aug. 18, 2015, 12:18 p.m.

Doesn't seem like we will have a very good winter on the coast. Glad I went with the 10 day EDGE card. The most annoying part last year was accessing good touring becomes a bitch (besides WB slackcountry). Don't really want to think about what next summer could be like with a poor snowpack.

Aug. 18, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

To bad we'll learn when it's to late and there is nothing we can do about it… or is it to late already??? Hope not.

i feel like we've already hit the point of no return. by the time the majority of the population and governments really sit up and take notice it will be like noticing your brakes and steering are out when you're heading for the edge of a cliff at 100km/hr.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 18, 2015, 3:57 p.m.

I just wish we could get a bit smarter… do we really need sleds trucks etc. fossil fuel and over consumption of energy is screwing us up big time. To bad we'll learn when it's to late and there is nothing we can do about it… or is it to late already??? Hope not.

because driving a Honda accord to whistler and riding lifts all day is the right amount of pissing away Carbon/Fuel needlessly for our personal enjoyment.

Aug. 18, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

because driving a Honda accord to whistler and riding lifts all day is the right amount of pissing away Carbon/Fuel needlessly for our personal enjoyment.

m0ar oil! m0ar pipelines! Yesyesyes. I dunno about you, but I effing love plastic, my new cell is the shiz

Aug. 19, 2015, 8:02 a.m.

Last year I just barely paid my seasons pass off by riding icy groomers a dozen days, did so much damage to my snowboard with all the shit poking through that the hill should have paid me to ride there. Fun times :lol:

No plans to buy a seasons pass this winter, haven't talked to anyone dumb enough to buy one either. If this season turns out to be shit as well I'll be moving back down to the coast so I can at least mountain bike year round, a 6 month shoulder season is a bit grim

Aug. 19, 2015, 10:40 p.m.

it's looking like another winter for doing a lot of trail building. too bad, but we will make do.

Aug. 22, 2015, 7:39 a.m.

Already doing a little chainsaw action, I got my early bird in april just like every year, last year's snow pack was 113% of normal according to a govy worker

Aug. 22, 2015, 8:22 a.m.

keep that shit to yerself X' . . . otherwise all of us assholes will be up there snaking yer lines

you don't want that .

imagine pretty much all the lift serviced at WB done gone in an hour after AC is complete .

you don't want that .

Aug. 22, 2015, 10:33 a.m.

I get side country lines 10 days after a snow fall, its 13 hrs from any major market so nobody is gona come up here cuz its too fucking far and too fucking scary, so far the only people to come have been sporadic visits by that pedantic one eyed lawyer (but he did buy the beer) and 3 sheets whom is too busy to snake much of anything

I take tourists on my lines all the time cuz I know I will never see them again but if I do its because they are made of the right stuff cuz how it works up here is the right people come and the right people stay

Aug. 22, 2015, 10:57 a.m.

love to see that spirit of sharing X' . . . it used to be prevalent down here oh , say , back in 1978

i hope i get to sample some of your hospitality one day .

Aug. 22, 2015, 11:50 a.m.

yup and the reality is there is NO way to stop the changes that are gona come to smithers/terrace cuz everybody knows whats up here the reason IS I run into/ski with a constant stream of journalists all winter who fly in rent a car hit shames/the hankin/ HBM.

National geographic/ Outside mag / backcountry mag/vince from the pique/ that other writer from whis/ probably the salomon freeskitv boys will finish a 20min feature on the hankin/evelyn/smithers story this season if the weatehr gods are kind and those are just the ones I remember

There were also more than a few bros from whistler who made it up over night when Lee started blogging on that big pow cycle but its a long fuckinmg way SO the distance keeps the riff-raff out … and in ;) but how do you move here and make a go of it is the million dollar question?