New stick

Nov. 9, 2011, 9:43 a.m.

Well I broke down and bought a new snowboard yesterday, the anticipation is killing me!! This will be my first snowboard with reverse camber technology, makes my old Cambered 6 year old Burton look ridiculously old school, like an XC ski actually haha. This will also be my first wide board, stoked that I won't be dragging my size 12 boots everywhere any more.

Bring on the steep and deep days, can't wait to rip this thing!

looks like I'm eating ramen noodles for the next few weeks :(

Nov. 9, 2011, 11:28 a.m.

a two planker wants to know ..how wide are snowboards at the waist?

Nov. 9, 2011, 11:54 a.m.

About 26cm depending on length.

Nov. 9, 2011, 12:29 p.m.

130mm+ under foot for skinning on a splitboard! no wonder we are so slow…

Nov. 9, 2011, 12:44 p.m.

slowboarders

Nov. 9, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

That's a sick board

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 9, 2011, 1:35 p.m.

What's happening in the corner of the room there.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the reverse camber.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 9, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

NS uses both camber and rocker as well as a serrated edge

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 9, 2011, 2:34 p.m.

Well I broke down and bought a new snowboard yesterday, the anticipation is killing me!! This will be my first snowboard with reverse camber technology, makes my old Cambered 6 year old Burton look ridiculously old school, like an XC ski actually haha. This will also be my first wide board, stoked that I won't be dragging my size 12 boots everywhere any more.

Bring on the steep and deep days, can't wait to rip this thing!

looks like I'm eating ramen noodles for the next few weeks :(

I had my eye on one of these, but then wandered into the Boardroom clearance store next door and found something else!
I ended up with a 2010 Never Summer Titan (and saved myself about $300). Last of the cambered boards! The Raptor has 'Rocker Camber' technology, will be interesting to hear how they differ from a traditional board.

That board should be a ripper…

Nov. 9, 2011, 2:51 p.m.

some santa cruz' on sale at canadian cartel in 3 days http://www.canadiancartel.com/?ref_id=8832

Nov. 9, 2011, 2:52 p.m.

This will be my first snowboard with reverse camber technology, makes my old Cambered 6 year old Burton look ridiculously old school, like an XC ski actually haha.

Man I love marketing!

Nov. 9, 2011, 3 p.m.

What's happening in the corner of the room there.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the reverse camber.

corner of the room? Why it's an old clear snowboard bag tossed carelessly out of sight..busted!

Yeah like others said it's not a true reverse camber board, should have said that in my original post..the rocker/camber tech Never Summer uses is a bit different but everything I've heard from friends sounds good to me and it makes sense on paper anyways. few friends rode the demo's Never Summer was circulating at the end of last season and told me they blow most Lib Tech and Gnu offerings out of the water. We'll see, don't think I can go wrong either way.

Man I love marketing!

Hehe, me too…it's always exciting to try something new! Where else would I spend the oodles of money I don't really have?!?

Nov. 9, 2011, 8:14 p.m.

First 100m on my Legacy (same profile) and I was completely sold. You'll definitely have to get used to it on cat tracks but you won't notice it after a few days.

Nov. 13, 2011, 4:26 p.m.

First 100m on my Legacy (same profile) and I was completely sold. You'll definitely have to get used to it on cat tracks but you won't notice it after a few days.

I got on a rocker-esque board last year [Rossi Experience] and the cat tracks did take some body English the first couple of times. In the trees and fluff it was a revelation. The wiggly edges work as advertised.

Ride: Ibis Mojo HD
Club: CMBA
Talent: None
:beer::canada: