New Revy Resort -- Website Is Up

Dec. 20, 2007, 5:56 p.m.

http://www.revelstokemountainresort.com

See ya Saturday.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Dec. 20, 2007, 7 p.m.

Looks Very Nice we are adding this one to our annual Kicking Horse trip.

Dec. 20, 2007, 8:39 p.m.

I want to go there…

Have fun Johnny!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Dec. 20, 2007, 8:57 p.m.

Damn, I think I have a hard-on!! Talk about justification for a road trip!!

"If at first you don't succeed, it will definitely leave a mark!!"

facebook.com/robholio

I wish people would stop whining about braking bumps, they happen and thats why there is full suspension, man up ya posers…

sliding downhill is like sex or pizza …even the bad stuff is pretty good

Dec. 20, 2007, 9:56 p.m.

skied the gondi and quad all day last sunday. 147 cm at midstation great coverage, but watch the bottom hollywood they have left the trees on the gound from summer logging. just a short section but watch the snow snakes. should be a busy day but i suspect people won't last long and i bet by mid morning the crowds will thin out.

Dec. 20, 2007, 11:37 p.m.

Going to revy 3 or 4 times monthly will now have its benefits:rocker:

Dec. 20, 2007, 11:49 p.m.

looks like i'll be up for sunday/monday:woot:

Dec. 21, 2007, 10:20 a.m.

My buddy wants to tour rogers pass [HTML_REMOVED] maybe hit the hill in early jan ,has the hill changed things in revy ? Lothar was talkin about cheap lodgings at the lodge up on the highway and touring right out the back of it ?Apparently they used to keep the bar open to water the army gun crews that got stationed in the passs to keep the road open and then they decided why not open the lodge as well

Dec. 21, 2007, 11:17 a.m.

Has the hill changed things in Revy…..

OK, for those of you too lazy to read the content in the site:

Revelstoke is now the center of the skiing/boarding universe. Forget the Alps, forget the Rockies, forget Whistler…..the future is Revy. More vertical, more snow, better snow, and enough altitude/latitude that global warming won't shut this one down in ten years.

You can still tour out of the lodge at Rogers Pass. It's just about to get a whole lot more expensive.

Dec. 21, 2007, 12:38 p.m.

You don't really believe all that shit do you smoke , so probably the cheap lodge is just a memory ,maybe we should check.My buds were so cheap they would fire up the msr in the rooms for witch they almost got pitched so they went out to the P-lot and did the the tailgate thing

I used to go up there alot for work in the mid 80's … pretty rustic [HTML_REMOVED] laidback,good seafood melt in the hotel ,one of our X-managers retired bought the bowling alley ,added a bar and paid EVERYTHING off in less than a year

MY buddy bruce worked on building the dam ,his wife gave him a heli ski day for x-mas and it ended up costing him 8k cuz he ended up stashing his gear up in the dam and going on permenant standby for the heli-op.Bruce had a radio so the chopper would just pluck him up right off the dam at the job site

Dec. 21, 2007, 4:05 p.m.

You don't really believe all that shit do you smoke , so probably the cheap lodge is just a memory ,maybe we should check.

Just check real estate prices to get a picture of the GONG show that Revy has become. Everything in a large radius around Revy was bought by speculators wanting to invest. Prices for rooms may still be somewhat reasonable in the dirt bag motels but everything else has gone nuts.

Dec. 24, 2007, 8:35 a.m.

Revelstoke is now the center of the skiing/boarding universe. Forget the Alps, forget the Rockies, forget Whistler…..the future is Revy. More vertical, more snow, better snow, and enough altitude/latitude that global warming won't shut this one down in ten years.

You can still tour out of the lodge at Rogers Pass. It's just about to get a whole lot more expensive.

Is that why RCR condo's there start at $695K?

NSMBA member.

Dec. 24, 2007, 10:01 a.m.

Still a 6 hour drive from Vancouver on one of the most treacherous roads out there.

Whistlers success is largely based on an international airport 1.5hours away, Seattle 3 hours away and Vancouver.

Revy is a great town. The investors have invested A LOT into this resort.

Oh and it does have some great mountain biking in the area as well!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 24, 2007, 11:28 a.m.

Still a 6 hour drive from Vancouver on one of the most treacherous roads out there.

Whistlers success is largely based on an international airport 1.5hours away, Seattle 3 hours away and Vancouver.

Revy is a great town. The investors have invested A LOT into this resort.

Oh and it does have some great mountain biking in the area as well!

some stats for you:

20 000 vertical feet of pow on Saturday. I quit at lunch because I was toasted.
32 000' on Sunday. I skiied a bit smarter and ate lots more.
Skinny and Jorge logged almost 70K feet over the weekend.
It takes 12 minutes to get up to the top from the base. That's 4700' in 12 minutes.
It takes about 30 minutes to get down.
There was deep pow all the way to the bottom.
Average depth was between 30 and 50cm of Selkirk goodness.
5 double ejections
1 treewell burial

2.5 hours from Westbank, or 2 hours from the international airport in Kelowna.
No passes to cross, just easy valley bottom driving. It's about as treachourous as Mt Seymour Parkway. Nowhere near as sketchy as the 99.

Even if you drive from Vancouver (6 hours), there's only one notable pass to cross. The 30km at the top of the Coq is rough, but other than that it's pretty easy driving. The other pass between Merrit and the 'Loops is nothing. The #1 is a bit slow through the Salmon Arm zone, and sometimes there's avalanche problems at 3 Valley Gap, but it's still a long stretch to call it "treacherous". Rogers Pass and Kicking Horse Pass - those are the gnarly ones, but they're on the other side of Revy.

Saw quite a few hardcores from the city too. Chinner, Horror Show, Liz, Bartel, and a few more.

I see that I'll be spending a good deal of time up there in the future. Just wondering how I'm gonna find an extra half million to get a shack in town……

Dec. 24, 2007, 12:04 p.m.

I like the chalet Bakery