New Revy Resort -- Website Is Up

Dec. 29, 2007, 8:01 p.m.

RMR WANTS to be the next whistler, they all do. They all want the crowds, that's how these guys make money…

not that there is anything wrong with that!

The Whistler experience only works because it's Whistler. Just like going to Silver Star is a different experience. They can't be all the same as that would be boring.

The way to be like Whistler is by trying to not be like Whistler.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 30, 2007, 1:14 a.m.

The way to be like Whistler is by trying to not be like Whistler.

that's how this town started eh?!

mtbskierdad

Dec. 30, 2007, 1:52 a.m.

i really don't think rmr is trying to be the next whistler, its totally different, we have a community already in existance… where as whistler?? the "community" came about as a result of the ski hill. as for skier visits, its all about the property development, a 56$ lift ticket is not paying for infrastructure.

Dec. 30, 2007, 7:49 a.m.

i hope the resort succeeds newfdog and that Revy can avoid the worse aspects of whistler yet keep the best. Revy is my favourite town in BC. And I still prefer the Chalet Bakery

Love your trails. They're definitely buff enough and happy fun

Dec. 30, 2007, 9:42 a.m.

Revy is bought and paid for. The real estate sales paid for the entire development. For that matter, they covered their costs in only 3 hours of sales.

Ticket sales are just covering operating costs, and considering that they raked in around $120K on the first day I think they're going to be OK there too.

You wait, Lee. Once I show you the drive from Kelowna to Revy you're gonna have a seriously red face. Maybe plan on flying up for a few days this winter and letting me enlighten you.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Dec. 30, 2007, 10:04 a.m.

Once I show you the drive from Kelowna to Revy you're gonna have a seriously red face. Maybe plan on flying up for a few days this winter and letting me enlighten you.

I used to drive that all the time and it was pretty good in all kinds of weather till after Sicamous ,I would say the road to whistler is worse.

thats kel/kamy/vernon market is pretty big,lotsa disposable income … mind you they already have pretty good local skiing

one time my westpahalia was in the shop (again) so I got an X rcmp ghost car from rent a wreck for the drive up , got into some pretty good speed ,blew the alternator ,with failing headlites couldn't see at night drove it over the highway divider in rutland,thank goodness for superduty components … no damage

Dec. 30, 2007, 11:58 a.m.

that's how this town started eh?!

Think garbage

we dropped off the garbage at the dump and all these black bears had their heads in dumpsters and my buddy said to me "this is gona be the townsite "

bears n garbage ,a metaphor for life in whistler … same as it ever was