New Revy Resort -- Website Is Up

Dec. 28, 2007, 8:29 a.m.

There are trails on Mt. Mckenzie, I believe they are planning on developing a bike park.

Bike park is in the works!

Sweet… have to make that trip for sure…

But I would also like to do it the "pedal" way. I mean it is great to get out there in the middle of no where and ride your bike.

Cheers!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Dec. 28, 2007, 8:41 a.m.

Smoke you should know better.

The drive will suck nobody in there right mind should even attemp to drive to Revelstoke. With the upgrades to the 99 every Vancouver skier should keep going to Whistler. Yeah Whistler is the radddest ever. Only ski Whistler and the Peak chair on weekends. You can be a rockstar and hit Air Jordan. Only ski Whistler, Blackcomb sucks, Revy is too far, Red has no alpine, and Wh2O isn't even a resort.

:canada: :czech:

Dec. 28, 2007, 9:18 a.m.

Smoke you should know better.

The drive will suck nobody in there right mind should even attemp to drive to Revelstoke. With the upgrades to the 99 every Vancouver skier should keep going to Whistler. Yeah Whistler is the radddest ever. Only ski Whistler and the Peak chair on weekends. You can be a rockstar and hit Air Jordan. Only ski Whistler, Blackcomb sucks, Revy is too far, Red has no alpine, and Wh2O isn't even a resort.

this just in, skiing is no longer worth it…..cash out guys!

Dec. 28, 2007, 10:42 a.m.

Nice vid. I'm in that gondola cabin at the beginning (cabin #1 wasn't the first gondola up that day).

Oh, and "Canada's Worst Driver" is auditioning for season four. You should look into it.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Dec. 28, 2007, 11:03 a.m.

Smoke, you sold me! I would drive the extra distance just to avoid what Whistler is. If people are not into small resorts (ie: not crowded) then stick to Whistler.

The road can be somwhat bad, but with a set of winter tires its fine. Look at the data of which road gets more accidents, even with the pop diff, and you'll see that the 99 is far more "dangerous". Sharon and Lee, don't you guys have an AWD car or am I mistaken?

I see I need to unload my short board and get something that can handle big powder runs.

Dec. 28, 2007, 1:49 p.m.

I'm impressed that the would actually build some lifts and create something worth visiting before they build mega condos.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

Dec. 28, 2007, 2:29 p.m.

I have to agree with Sharon that the viability of this hill is affected by the drive.

on the other hand, if you lived there…

actually, housing prices don't look that bad, about the same as Squamish. Maybe that just my totally skewed North Van perspective though

looks sick, I'll have to hit that up and KH too this winter

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 28, 2007, 7:08 p.m.

Hey Smoke do you know a decent hotel in the Revey area.
We deffinatly want to stop on our annual Kicking Horse trip and if its that nice we might not even drive to golden.

Dec. 28, 2007, 8:56 p.m.

We went up there today, it is amazing!

Dec. 28, 2007, 9:18 p.m.

Looks and sounds like a fantastic resort destination.

Hey, here's a question for those in the know: why is Revy revered and Jumbo a dirty word for the interior BC locals ?? What's the diff ?

NSMBA member.

Dec. 29, 2007, 12:54 a.m.

One is right beside town and a major highway with a small ski hill and catskiing operation all ready established there, providing an economic boom for a town whose resource based economy is suffering. The other is located 60km up a valley in the middle of no where with some prime grizzly and caribou habitat that has traditionally been used for sled accessed skiing and touring.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

Dec. 29, 2007, 8:42 a.m.

Its about hanging on to the wildereness

I would imagien becuz revy have aready been a ski hill for quite a long time (the place was titsup in the 80s when I was working up there) they are grandfathgered … its way easier to resurect an old ski resort then to try and get a new one approved

Dec. 29, 2007, 9:49 a.m.

Yeah, as a skier I'd love to see Jumbo as a resort, but when I take a step back and look at it with all the factors involved, it's not a good thing. They should have turned down the initial proposal from the get go, not wasted all that time and money on something thats such a bad idea from so many angles. The developers will likely end up suing the Gov. over the costs incurred so far.

Good hotel would be the Gateway if you've got a decent sized crew. Gabe stayed there, and they got a suite that could sleep 9 for $110. We stayed at the Roach - er, the Alpine and put 7 people in for $80 a night.

Let me know when you're going. I might join you if there's room.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Dec. 29, 2007, 10:24 a.m.

Yeah, as a skier I'd love to see Jumbo as a resort, but when I take a step back and look at it with all the factors involved, it's not a good thing. They should have turned down the initial proposal from the get go, not wasted all that time and money on something thats such a bad idea from so many angles. The developers will likely end up suing the Gov. over the costs incurred so far.

Good hotel would be the Gateway if you've got a decent sized crew. Gabe stayed there, and they got a suite that could sleep 9 for $110. We stayed at the Roach - er, the Alpine and put 7 people in for $80 a night.

Let me know when you're going. I might join you if there's room.

Sounds like a plan we were thinking late feb maybe sooner we'll let you know maybe dan will come

Dec. 29, 2007, 7:37 p.m.

Smoke, you sold me! I would drive the extra distance just to avoid what Whistler is. If people are not into small resorts (ie: not crowded) then stick to Whistler.

The road can be somwhat bad, but with a set of winter tires its fine. Look at the data of which road gets more accidents, even with the pop diff, and you'll see that the 99 is far more "dangerous". Sharon and Lee, don't you guys have an AWD car or am I mistaken?

RMR WANTS to be the next whistler, they all do. They all want the crowds, that's how these guys make money…

not that there is anything wrong with that!

yes we do have an AWD, the BEST car in the world at that! But that doesn't make driving down a snow covered road where you can't see the center or shoulder line with semi's coming at you, catching up to semi's and semi's coming behind you, with snow blowing as you are passed by oncoming semi's behind semi's before you can pass so you can't see - any easier… day or night.

At least the developers have the right attitude. They don't expect to make money for the next 10 years.

Sharon.