Mojo risin

Dec. 23, 2009, 11:02 p.m.

I hadn't ski since the end of 07-08. Blew my acl biking in whistler in september 08… It was my first day back skiing for the first time. I had been waiting for the perfect condition (and free time off work). I was hoping to be able to keep it easy on the knee but what I found caught me off guard straight back to old memories. Mojo Risin!

Time: Dec 22 09
Weather: Perfect blue sky
Conditions: Pure blow. 140cm in 7 days. Upper mountain was closed since two days

First run: Among the first chairs on Peak. Straight down the untracked main face :D

Second run: Peak to Creek untouched :D:D
beer-food-beer then my first Peak to Peak: The Gayest ride on earth. It was the car with the window.That was so intense. You really feel high on adrenaline :D :D :D

Third run: Good old tracked out Spanky. Start drooling at Husumu and Corona. Loved the easy pillow line half way down the return trail. Lost my buddy on the way, tired, he went straight back to the bar. No friends on powder day they say ;) :D :D :D :D

Fourth run: It's two something, time to put the skins on towards Spearhead. Chat my way up with a whistler local I met couple times at the same exact place couple years back. He also blew his knee last year. Same surgery as mine. I watch him now clearing an insane line: four 20 feet+ cliff in a row. Gnarly. Inspirational. Got a good run on the side in a wicked cold pow. :D :D :D :D

Bonus: Smoking two green sticks watching the sky getting darker and darker. It s almost four. :D :D :D :D :D

Fifth run. Skin up back to Blackcomb/disease col alone (The local guy was boot packing …). When I finally reach the col the sun is almost setting behind the mountains. I should have went straight down but I couldn't stop myself to at least check out the ridge. Walk up there as fast I can trying to beat the sun. I arrive on top of those sick steep lines. There is already one track in the first one and there is still a group of guys at the end of Body Bag bowl. They say hello. I repeat myself ten times everything is going to be all right while packing the skins, putting the helmet on, cranking the boots back. The sun is a perfect half circle slashed in two at the edge of the mountain background. I clean the line the best I could. As soon as I m back in a safer zone, the group of guys disappear. Back to Seventh chair in an unreal super mellow powder run with increasing tree density. Moonlight. Back in whistler just before complete darkness. Five O clock: BEER TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mr. Mojo Risin', Mr. Mojo Risin'
Got to keep on risin'
Mojo Risin', gotta Mojo Risin'
Mr. Mojo Risin', gotta keep on risin'
Risin', risin'
Gone risin', risin'
I'm gone risin', risin'
I gotta risin', risin'
Well, risin', risin'