MFD Ski Binding

Nov. 24, 2010, 10:37 p.m.

Just saw this, you skiers are slacking on your new gear posting.:bandit: Why use one of these compared to Marker Dukes or Fritshi? I guess the metal base won't allow much ski flex underfoot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnapWLJmPUw

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 24, 2010, 11:18 p.m.

Fritshi's are flexi and only have a 12 DIN…Markers suck to actually tour with and have a lot of parts that could screw you if you were deep into somewhere and they broke. If these things don't have the glaring flaw Im expecting them to then Im stoked.

Nov. 25, 2010, 4:07 a.m.

The flex shouldn't be an issue. If the ski bends, the stress is on the heel piece.
The pivot is placed fairly ahead, which makes a not so ergonomic walking mode, compared to Fritschis or Markers.

Why use one of these compared to Marker Dukes or Fritshi?

This setup may be burlier on freakin huge cliffs, but it's pivot wouldn't motivate me for hour long ascents I guess.
So for small climbs now and then, to access knee-jamming-huge drops, I'd choose that over a marker. Other than that Marker/Fritschi/Dynafit suits better as touring setups. Those combos cope with drops as well (some modification might be needed), but not as high and often as on a proper Alpine binding.

Nov. 25, 2010, 8:54 a.m.

interesting take on a strong at binding. I can see a lot of the tgr big hucker types being interested in this.

But like zap said the pivot point on these looks painful, moreso than markers or fritschis. Maybe great for a quick skin up to a huge cliff but I'm betting most of the time people just bootpack that anyway.

Nov. 25, 2010, 10:29 a.m.

The flex shouldn't be an issue. If the ski bends, the stress is on the heel piece.
The pivot is placed fairly ahead, which makes a not so ergonomic walking mode, compared to Fritschis or Markers.

Why use one of these compared to Marker Dukes or Fritshi?

This setup may be burlier on freakin huge cliffs, but it's pivot wouldn't motivate me for hour long ascents I guess.
So for small climbs now and then, to access knee-jamming-huge drops, I'd choose that over a marker. Other than that Marker/Fritschi/Dynafit suits better as touring setups. Those combos cope with drops as well (some modification might be needed), but not as high and often as on a proper Alpine binding.

Yup

This (pivot position) is why I spent extra on boots to get a techbinding fitting. As soon as possible, dynafits or that G3 thingy will be on my skis.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Nov. 25, 2010, 10:29 a.m.

I don't think its gona tour as well as real touring gear but if it works better than a trekker at the same price they should sell lots to ski-bums with no money

Nov. 25, 2010, 10:57 a.m.

i am thinking snow will pack under it and work that pivot real good. only marginally better than trekkers. way to heavy. 1 lb on your foot is 5 on your back. i like my dynafits. i run them on my 78mm waist head alpinist, 102mm w bd verdicts, and my line epp 125mm waist skis with no issues