Japan beta

Feb. 1, 2016, 9:14 a.m.

Toyota Voxy. Those things are weapons. 4wd mini van with snow tires. Thing was so smooth on the slickest roads. Cost us $2k split between 4 for 2 weeks. Booked at the airport on the a holiday Sunday so probably could have been cheaper with some planning. Was a little cozy with all the skis/boards in the bag (Think everyone had a touring and resort setup). Luckily none of us are over 6 foot so it wasn't horrible.

Feb. 1, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

For the last 5 years my buddies go to Moiwa for 2 weeks every year where 5 of them rent a house that sleeps 6 and a 4x4 van … he said they count on spending 1800 each for house,breaky,booze,Van and they eat out most nights

I noticed lots of cab-over designs in japan, I didnt actualy drive over there but it struck me that most japan driving is at lower speeds … how would japan spec cars do on the highways of NA??

Busing it means packing light so even with just a touring pack, duffle, small ski bag there were definalty times I wished I packed lighter, I only brought Vulcans and lotus 120 for everywhere

Feb. 1, 2016, 10:30 a.m.

I noticed lots of cab-over designs in japan, I didnt actualy drive over there but it struck me that most japan driving is at lower speeds … how would japan spec cars do on the highways of NA??

Busing it means packing light so even with just a touring pack, duffle, small ski bag there were definalty times I wished I packed lighter, I only brought Vulcans and lotus 120 for everywhere

We noticed that to and had the same conversations. Pretty sure most of the cars would struggle on long highway journeys, and would struggle to get up some of the passes here. Lots of 1.3L trucks etc. Awesome for cities, but no clearance and no guts for BC for sure.

I uploaded a couple of photos but they were too big and took over the screen. Ill try again in a few days.

Feb. 1, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

thats an interesting observation cuz it seems like about once a month some wanker laments that we don't get those cool vehicals from somewhere else eh?

Moiwa side country, this was mid morning getting off the covered chair to the left and polling 50 meters we rode this pow all day

Feb. 3, 2016, 11:42 a.m.

Hoping to go next year. My buddy spent 9ish days in early January based around Kiroro and had some pretty epic days judging from his pics and stories. He did it through SASS (guided groups/lodging) since he was solo and ended up having some problems because of inexperienced splitboarders and newbie skiers in the group slowing things down, talking about guys showing up to a trip advertising touring with gear they have never used and have never skinned before. Next year we will have a dialed program, I can't wait.

Feb. 8, 2016, 1:22 p.m.

I posted a tr on tgr if anyone is interested in checking it out.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/299948-Japan-Jan-2016

Feb. 8, 2016, 3:08 p.m.

^Link it up here!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.