Getting my first splitboard

Oct. 13, 2011, 7:21 p.m.

yeah plus evogear.com has some splits as well as the cheaper K2 split.

Out of curiosity does the guy in Pemby inlay an edge in the boards he splits?

Oct. 13, 2011, 7:51 p.m.

I have access to tons of cheap old stock Option boards…shoot me a contact, might be a good match. Not everyone wants to spend a fortune on a new splitty.

Any old stock of the Vinson model? Looking for a 162cm or bigger. Also interested in a wide version if available. Thanks in advance.

Oct. 13, 2011, 8:03 p.m.

sounds like aq good deal. posted today. http://list.thestoke.ca/posts/37424

Oct. 14, 2011, 6:16 a.m.

Seems really silly to me. Has anybody on here actually been using one and like it better?!? How efficient is the swap process?

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Oct. 14, 2011, 12:37 p.m.

Has anybody on here actually been using one and like it better?!?

Better than what?

better than a solid board going down? No
Better than a snowshoes or post-holing? For sure
better than an AT ski setup? Depends on perspective

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 14, 2011, 2:32 p.m.

anybody who bitches about transition times needs to chill out. im happy to be out in the mountains for the day regardless if I take an extra 20 minutes to switch between skinningand skiing for the day. hanging with splitters has never made me have a worse day out. Im a skier not a splitter but who cares really. actually most splitters I know can kick my ass going up hill so they usually do the waiting.

the only bummer I could see is in the odd time you have rolling terrain where you might swap out every 30-40 minutes but thats pretty rare.

oh and crampons and hard boots = super hero. snowboard boots not so much. on the other hand ski boots and sleds suck where snowboard boots are the bomb

Oct. 15, 2011, 5:30 p.m.

Looks like Dirksen rides a Sick Stick split in the Further trailer

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 17, 2011, 7 p.m.

Transitions for splitters are not an issue once you have done it 10 times. But what Rat said is true about flat traverses and rolling ski-outs and stuff like that…splitters get left behind (I'm a splitter). With that said, usually those flat ski outs and stuff like that are at the end of the day down the valley back to the car, so the skiers can go have a beer for the extra 8 minutes it takes me on my split to get out.

And as for board choices, cancel the mojo if you can!!! those are not what you want for BC riding. They are made for…well not sure what they are made for… but it's certainly not BC powder that's for sure. The khyber will blow your effing mind for BC riding (I ride one, have had 2 in a row now). Call up prior and they will probably still give you the "turkey sale" price if you ask nicely, which will make it the same price as the mojo.

Oct. 26, 2011, 7:12 p.m.

It seems that getting a board other than a Mojo or Prior in this province is going to be as difficult as finding a performance boot in my size!

Might have to go stateside(not a biggie as the Sick Stick needs as REI warranty exchange)

Oct. 27, 2011, 8:28 a.m.

If you plan to head down to REI Bellingham for a nose around, give it a couple more weeks. I was down there this past weekend, and they're still moving out summer gear, not fully set up with the winter gear.

Mostly regular resort-ski gear, no backcountry ski gear on display to speak of, though they did have two splits in the rack to touch and feel.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 27, 2011, 6:32 p.m.

^Yeah was planning on waiting til mid-November at the earliest.

Oct. 27, 2011, 10:20 p.m.

Just picked up my splitboard today. Bought a Voile Mojo RX 161 as a complete kit with bindings [HTML_REMOVED] skins for 1100$, one of the best deal out there for sure. This one has the rocker tip and camber under your feets and is supposed to be a lot better than the original mojo. Now just need more snow

Oct. 28, 2011, 11:04 a.m.

Home job splits ride like home job splits.

If you talk to Prior they will explain that a split is built more like skiis and each side has its own flex properties.

I got mine complete for $600( w boots/bindings) used last year on CL, and compared to getting a homemade, not a chance.

Complaining about the shape of an older split? C'mon. The pow is waist deep or you went the wrong way.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Oct. 28, 2011, 2:01 p.m.

Another vote for SPARK R+D bindings.

I'm a gearbox-bike nut.

Oct. 28, 2011, 3:47 p.m.

I guess i like purple :S