Free Helicopter Rides

Dec. 14, 2016, 1:35 p.m.

Speaking of which. Meat draw and fundraiser for the NSR this weekend at the Eagle's Club. Support the NSR and win meat. Sounds like a no brainer.

https://twitter.com/NSRescue/status/808794473891131392

Dec. 14, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

Even in the current social climate one might resist calling. These guys were dropped off in front of the local news media's cameras. The gopro was uploaded to youtube. Additional footage on instagram.

Pretty embarrassing.

Yeah the media out in force. They just love the winter rescues, the summer ones which are way more in number seem to be not so click bait worthy. They really need to get the dialogue straight. It's not out of bounds on Hollyburn, its Crown land. Out of bounds is the skiers/boarders leaving the ski area to get lost. The main part of the public think that outside the area boundary is against the law or something. They also think that NSSR is completely funded by the Govt which it is not. If the media would help on these points instead of being dorks it would a lot of good. And yes I have emailed the various reporters this info but still never changes.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 14, 2016, 3:29 p.m.

Got buzzed by one of the Talon rescue helis while on the summit of Pump Peak this afternoon. It swung off towards Grouse, but it didn't look like they were searching for anyone.

Dec. 15, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

self preservation, self preservation, self preservation.

Cool story bro!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 16, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

So tony baker is on the east side? How about australian gully? I always thought people would go northwest off sky chair.

Funny, the news reports I read really focussed on the "out of bounds" part and mentioned virtually nothing about the avy conditions that made this a very dangerous situation. But but but tehy wuz OUTTA BOUNS, tehy pay fer resque

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 16, 2016, 8:25 p.m.

Tony Baker is the drainage between Strachan and Hollyburn. People gut sucked into it either by skiing east of the boundary when coming off the Sky Chair, and not getting back onto Collins, or by ducking the rope off Collins near the 90 degree bend.

Australian gully drops east from the col between the top of the Sky Chair and the summit of Strachan. It's very narrow, with a waterfall part way down. Christmas Gully goes west, and is a great ski down to the Howe Sound Crest trail.

Dec. 18, 2016, 2:06 p.m.

Terrible idea. People will not want to pay and end up dying.

:dead: x-tra incentive! :devil:

Ok, raise ticket prices @ Cypress $1.00 to directly fund local SAR since peeps skiing Cypress are the most frequent offenders.
Actually, why not charge Cypress since they can't/won't erect seasonal barriers to people's stupidity?
Cost of doing business in Canada. That'll teach 'em.

Even in the current social climate one might resist calling. These guys were dropped off in front of the local news media's cameras. The gopro was uploaded to youtube. Additional footage on instagram.

Pretty embarrassing.

They should be made to wear dunce hats when being interviewed….

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 20, 2016, 8:11 a.m.

^^^ yes, build a wall, make backcountry skiers pay for it

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 20, 2016, 9:38 a.m.

Put up a mesh net, not the single rope, and have a gate. Mentality changes when entering through a gate vs. just ducking a single rope. Closing it off is not the solution.

Dec. 21, 2016, 2:13 p.m.

Put up a mesh net, not the single rope, and have a gate. Mentality changes when entering through a gate vs. just ducking a single rope. Closing it off is not the solution.

This is what I meant by barrier. Cypress can afford it. They should do more to take the pressure off local SAR.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 21, 2016, 2:23 p.m.

This is what I meant by barrier. Cypress can afford it. They should do more to take the pressure off local SAR.

They already have tons of the mesh net around, it's just more of a pain in the ass to maintain vs. rope line…

Dec. 23, 2016, 6:21 p.m.

I had a paid ride up above pitt lake, way better then any skiing on the swhore.

Dec. 24, 2016, 1:59 p.m.

unless you got somebody watching the fence its not that much hardy to go over than a rope

Dec. 24, 2016, 3:59 p.m.

unless you got somebody watching the fence its not that much hardy to go over than a rope

Kinda funny that we barely have signage yet I can't remember one ob rescue on hbm since I've been here. Different and more prepared/fespectful crowd I suppose

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 24, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

Kinda funny that we barely have signage yet I can't remember one ob rescue on hbm since I've been here. Different and more prepared/fespectful crowd I suppose

Hbm side country sounds different than the NS definitely a more knowledgeable local user group in that they know exactly where they are going but somebody gets into trouble usually every year