Cypress conditions

Dec. 20, 2004, 9:10 a.m.

Anyone hit Cypress on the weekend? How good/ bad is it?

Judging by the ever increasing barespots on Grouse I can't see it being vey good. Night boarding and dodging the barespots [HTML_REMOVED] shadows could be fun?

Dec. 20, 2004, 3:14 p.m.

cypess isnt even worth it to begin with.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Dec. 20, 2004, 5:21 p.m.

Originally posted by Midas
cypess isnt even worth it to begin with.

I like Cypress WAY more than grouse.

Dec. 20, 2004, 6:08 p.m.

Originally posted by Nelson
I like Cypress WAY more than grouse.

how?

Dec. 20, 2004, 6:13 p.m.

It's a good practice mtn during the week. When it's dark so early in the winter I like the ability to get home from work, drop my shit, throw on my gear and be on a chairlift 15 minutes later.

Dec. 20, 2004, 10:47 p.m.

Terrible, Conditions are aweful, unless u have a rock board or skis dont bother until it snows more (this comming from an employee). and Midas why do u like grouse do u enjoy the long lines at lifts, maybe the long line to get down the gondola at nite or in the morning or maybe the lack of varried terrain. Unless all u ride is terrain park cypress is the best imo (kinda why i chose to work for them)

Dec. 20, 2004, 11:20 p.m.

Originally posted by Mark_H
Terrible, Conditions are aweful, unless u have a rock board or skis dont bother until it snows more (this comming from an employee). and Midas why do u like grouse do u enjoy the long lines at lifts, maybe the long line to get down the gondola at nite or in the morning or maybe the lack of varried terrain. Unless all u ride is terrain park cypress is the best imo (kinda why i chose to work for them)

I prefer to hike the park but i really am quite down with seymour and whistler over grouse.

Dec. 21, 2004, 12:07 a.m.

Seymours runs are pretty lameo, but their parks are by far the best. Seymour for park, Cypress for terrain. Whistler for both. Grouse is a bitch with the gondola and lift lines.

Dec. 21, 2004, 1:15 a.m.

I was just up at seymour…not much there for snow. I still need to decide which mountain I'm going to like best as a beginner. I think I can do seymour because I'm a beginner and it's lame. :p

I take pictures with a camera

Dec. 21, 2004, 4:22 p.m.

Originally posted by Nelson
Seymours runs are pretty lameo, but their parks are by far the best. Seymour for park, Cypress for terrain. Whistler for both. Grouse is a bitch with the gondola and lift lines.

grouse does have a pretty sick spring park. ive never really had lift line issues except in spring ususally i just hike it though so the only time i use the lift is when i leave.

Dec. 21, 2004, 9:06 p.m.

Even the whistler conditions suck right now. There its all ice with a small dusting of snow if it hasn't completly blown off in that area. I wouldn't even bother with the local mounts right now.

About lift lines on Grouse, the only place I've had problems with lines there is on the cut, no big loss there.

son?? your 15, you should just be glad ross isnt gay

Dec. 21, 2004, 9:15 p.m.

Crap. I just bought new tele gear and wanted to hit a local in the morning to try them out.:(

Dec. 23, 2004, 8:52 a.m.

do not go! haha :)

i went Sunday night and there was 2 green runs open… that's it. collins and panoarama i guess. ski patrol dude said sky chair was crap too.

if i could do a run with only running over one patch of rocks that was good. i can't believe they're still open.

Dec. 26, 2004, 1:22 p.m.

Woot! They just go 52 cm of snow :D

son?? your 15, you should just be glad ross isnt gay

Dec. 26, 2004, 11:12 p.m.

Conditions have definitly improved i was working tonite no bare patches looks like really snow now, it got alittle icy but i started to snow as we closed for the night. So yeah go and try ur gear out dont worry about bare patches