Cheapest whistler day passes

Feb. 12, 2020, 3 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/letters-to-the-editor-for-the-week-of-january-30/Content?oid=14979805

Damning letter to the editor from Ben Cherniavsky from Vancouver, about Edge cards not being accepted on MLK weekend. Those Edge card holders in the line up must have been supremely pissed when they got turned away.

That dude is a moron and got torn up when he posted his rant to the Whistler Facebook group. They CLEARLY outline the blackout dates on the discounted Edge card versus the normal one and they have always been the American holidays and Christmas. 

I have been hearing more and more upset Americans complaining about lines and prices and snow in Whistler, I always tell them to go to Sun Peaks/Silver Star/Big White/Banff/Revy etc. and that they will have a better experience. I doubt it will help and they will probably come back, especially the people that live in WA and have an epic.

Feb. 25, 2020, 8:52 a.m.

Aside from season ticket holders...are you guys, or people you know skiing Whistler this year with these insane prices?  Who the heck can justify $189+tax for a lift ticket... especially when the conditions are mediocre and the lines are huge. Even if you are fortunate enough to have the $$, is the experience you get really good enough to justify the expense? For a family of 4 to drive up for the day, buy lift tickets and get a bit of food you are probably looking at $1,200 all-in, which is insane. 

Is it just all the "Epic Pass" holders from the States consistently coming up here for vacations? Doesn't make sense to me...

Feb. 25, 2020, 10:21 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Aside from season ticket holders...are you guys, or people you know skiing Whistler this year with these insane prices? Who the heck can justify $189+tax for a lift ticket... especially when the conditions are mediocre and the lines are huge. Even if you are fortunate enough to have the $$, is the experience you get really good enough to justify the expense? For a family of 4 to drive up for the day, buy lift tickets and get a bit of food you are probably looking at $1,200 all-in, which is insane.

Is it just all the "Epic Pass" holders from the States consistently coming up here for vacations? Doesn't make sense to me...

If I ask the people around me on the lifts where they're from only a tiny fraction are Canadian, I barely ever ski weekends though but midweek all us/uk/Australia/Mexico

Last edited by: Kevin26 on Feb. 25, 2020, 10:22 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 28, 2020, 7:41 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Aside from season ticket holders...are you guys, or people you know skiing Whistler this year with these insane prices? Who the heck can justify $189+tax for a lift ticket... especially when the conditions are mediocre and the lines are huge. Even if you are fortunate enough to have the $$, is the experience you get really good enough to justify the expense? For a family of 4 to drive up for the day, buy lift tickets and get a bit of food you are probably looking at $1,200 all-in, which is insane.

I moved here in 99 and bought a one or three day Edge card every season until 2012 when my second daughter was born (I still have my email receipt from 2012... $86 including taxes!). After getting over the second kid time crunch, prices started to go up, and then 1-day cards were gone when Vail took over, so it's been 7 years since I last skied there. Pretty good chance I'll never ski there again.

I get Seymour season's passes for me and my two kids for $500, all in. Obviously, it's not the same as doing Spanky's laps, but it's far better value for a day out (or a few laps after school) with my girls, and only a 15 minute drive/shuttle ride from home.

Last edited by: PaulB on Feb. 28, 2020, 7:42 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
March 3, 2020, 12:32 p.m.

IMO its a good time to find somewhere less crowded to ski,

I been trading skiing for work the last 5 yars so i never pay

March 6, 2020, 11:40 a.m.

I’m really debating getting a couple day card for whistler next season. But then I remember there are other hills on this planet.

March 7, 2020, 8:33 p.m.

They've got a new day pass for next season, https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/passes/whistler-blackcomb-day-pass.aspx

1-10 days, restricted or non-restricted. 10 days restricted works out to $91+taxes per day, 1 day restricted is $118 + taxes per day. Still too much for me.

Last edited by: PaulB on March 7, 2020, 8:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 9, 2020, 3:50 p.m.

Posted by: PaulB

They've got a new day pass for next season, https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/passes/whistler-blackcomb-day-pass.aspx

1-10 days, restricted or non-restricted. 10 days restricted works out to $91+taxes per day, 1 day restricted is $118 + taxes per day. Still too much for me.

Looks the the Edge card is a bit cheaper...10 day edge card restricted is $789, 5 day restricted is $459.

March 13, 2020, 3:20 p.m.

I've used my 5 days from my Edge already... getting a couple 25/50% vouchers from friends with season passes... probably get another 5 day next year in case kid #2 happens during winter, otherwise I'd grab a 10. As a lifelong skier (before biker), I don't care how "bad" it gets $ or crowds wise, nothing compares to WB.

March 14, 2020, 3:52 p.m.

Whistler is now closed from 15-22 March. But the edge card looks like the better deal. I wonder if I’ll be able to roll my edge days into the next season due to everything that’s going on

March 23, 2020, 1:14 p.m.

Wondering what they will do for 2020/21 pricing in terms of early birds, given the initial deadline is in a couple weeks and it would be ridiculously bad PR to hold to that deadline given COVID-19 shutdown. I'm not buying until the fall either way I don't think and I bet 2021 Epic pass presales are gonna be in the toilet.

March 23, 2020, 7:34 p.m.

It's already ridiculously bad PR to not roll any edge/day passes into next year. Hell, I'd have been pissed if they offered to transfer them to park days as I'd lose 50% but this is a slap in the face to everyone who had Edge or Epic cards with unused days.

"Pursuant to the terms of all season pass and Epic Day Pass products, they are non-refundable and non-transferable to another season.  We will be reviewing these policies and providing any updated guidance in the coming weeks"

Fuckers. This can't stand. Email the Whistler Mayor and Resort Municipality of Whistler. Make some noise.

March 23, 2020, 8:24 p.m.

Well, don’t email the mayor. He doesn’t   work for Vail.

Email the councillors who can somehow manage to both be employed by Vail and be a councillor.

March 24, 2020, 8:26 a.m.

I feel that anyone who can bring leverage to this situation should be a valid email recipient,  not just Vail employees. Not like I’m doing much else right now, just looking at my edge pass rotting away

March 25, 2020, 5:19 p.m.

Got this in the mail today...

Over the last couple of weeks, we have seen the world take numerous measures in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. For Vail Resorts, that has meant closing all 34 of our North American resorts. That difficult decision was necessary in order to prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, our communities and our guests. Since then, our focus has been on supporting guests and employees in returning home, ensuring the safety of everyone staying in our resorts, transitioning all of our corporate services to “work from home,” and now, today, closing our call center due to stay-at-home orders.

In the midst of all of this, I want you to know that we have not forgotten about you, our pass holders. I have read your emails and comments on social media. I completely understand your frustrations and your concerns about this past season.

We deeply value the loyalty you have placed with us by purchasing one of our pass products and we are committed to identifying an approach that acknowledges this past season and retains your loyalty for the future. I ask for your continued patience and understanding as we remain focused on the real-time challenges that COVID-19 is currently presenting to our employees, our communities and our company. And with many different pass products, we want to ensure that any action takes into consideration all of our pass holders.

We intend to reach back out to you with more information by the end of April. In the meantime, we are deferring all auto-renew charges and all spring deadlines for Buddy Tickets into May.

We sincerely hope that all of you, your friends and your loved ones remain safe during this unprecedented time and that the world comes together to move past the challenges we currently face.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Lynch
EVP and Chief Marketing Officer
Vail Resorts