Cheapest whistler day passes

Feb. 12, 2020, 3 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/letters-to-the-editor-for-the-week-of-january-30/Content?oid=14979805

Damning letter to the editor from Ben Cherniavsky from Vancouver, about Edge cards not being accepted on MLK weekend. Those Edge card holders in the line up must have been supremely pissed when they got turned away.

That dude is a moron and got torn up when he posted his rant to the Whistler Facebook group. They CLEARLY outline the blackout dates on the discounted Edge card versus the normal one and they have always been the American holidays and Christmas. 

I have been hearing more and more upset Americans complaining about lines and prices and snow in Whistler, I always tell them to go to Sun Peaks/Silver Star/Big White/Banff/Revy etc. and that they will have a better experience. I doubt it will help and they will probably come back, especially the people that live in WA and have an epic.

Feb. 25, 2020, 8:52 a.m.

Aside from season ticket holders...are you guys, or people you know skiing Whistler this year with these insane prices?  Who the heck can justify $189+tax for a lift ticket... especially when the conditions are mediocre and the lines are huge. Even if you are fortunate enough to have the $$, is the experience you get really good enough to justify the expense? For a family of 4 to drive up for the day, buy lift tickets and get a bit of food you are probably looking at $1,200 all-in, which is insane. 

Is it just all the "Epic Pass" holders from the States consistently coming up here for vacations? Doesn't make sense to me...

Feb. 25, 2020, 10:21 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Aside from season ticket holders...are you guys, or people you know skiing Whistler this year with these insane prices? Who the heck can justify $189+tax for a lift ticket... especially when the conditions are mediocre and the lines are huge. Even if you are fortunate enough to have the $$, is the experience you get really good enough to justify the expense? For a family of 4 to drive up for the day, buy lift tickets and get a bit of food you are probably looking at $1,200 all-in, which is insane.

Is it just all the "Epic Pass" holders from the States consistently coming up here for vacations? Doesn't make sense to me...

If I ask the people around me on the lifts where they're from only a tiny fraction are Canadian, I barely ever ski weekends though but midweek all us/uk/Australia/Mexico

Last edited by: Kevin26 on Feb. 25, 2020, 10:22 a.m., edited 1 time in total.