Cheapest whistler day passes

Jan. 27, 2020, 11:27 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: shoreboy

That is ridiculous. $189 at the window, and a 'bargain' at $174 online! What I really like is how the website says 'only $174 more' if you buy 2. They don't even give a discount for buying multiple days online at once. Im not sure how families (or anyone for that matter) can hope to afford a day out skiing.

Simple, just say fuck Whistler.

Cypress Mtn. is spending money to attract those people. The biggest of the 3 shore hills, a reasonable price & they have invested in snow making equipment.

If only Cypress would or could build a proper park now. At full pop Cypress is 2 for 1 of WB 

I read Crystal Mtn WA (same owner as Cypress) has stopped selling window tickets on weekends.

Jan. 28, 2020, 12:28 p.m.

That is ridiculous. $189 at the window, and a 'bargain' at $174 online! What I really like is how the website says 'only $174 more' if you buy 2. They don't even give a discount for buying multiple days online at once. Im not sure how families (or anyone for that matter) can hope to afford a day out skiing.

Cypress Mtn. is spending money to attract those people. The biggest of the 3 shore hills, a reasonable price & they have invested in snow making equipment.

i concur w/ the fucking of whistler prices. we've got passes @ cypress because it's close & affordable, and it's a pretty fun mountain for its size; lots of neat pockets to be found. that said, it's getting progressively more slammed up there, so there's rapidly narrowing windows of "reasonable" lineups. the perils of close proximity to a major urban center. makes me appreciate how (relatively) quiet the north shore bike trails are.

Jan. 28, 2020, 1:15 p.m.

With the current pricing they've basically said F You to courting the Vancouver market, it's all in on the international traveler. Then there are several news stories about Vail not hitting their quarterly targets and blaming it on Whistler's slow start...a day later I hear some Whistler advertising spots on a couple of Vancouver radio stations "30% off and check whistlerblackcomb.comz for the deals". 

After the financial crash in 2008 word was that they were pivoting to get more local visitors from the Vancouver market. So they rebuilt the client base...and now f'ing them over with crappy Edge Card and window ticketing. 

If WB doesn't want Garabaldi at Squamish to get local Vancouver support they should probably throw them a bone and bring back things like 1-day Edge Cards and a ticket like the 7-11 tickets.

Jan. 28, 2020, 1:44 p.m.

All I know is that I will literally never ever do any sort of snow sports in Whistler due to the price.

Even the bike park day passes are getting too high for me.

Shit's fucking bonkers.

Jan. 28, 2020, 4:36 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

i concur w/ the fucking of whistler prices. we've got passes @ cypress because it's close & affordable, and it's a pretty fun mountain for its size; lots of neat pockets to be found. that said, it's getting progressively more slammed up there, so there's rapidly narrowing windows of "reasonable" lineups. the perils of close proximity to a major urban center. makes me appreciate how (relatively) quiet the north shore bike trails are.

Saturday before last had a crazy amount of people skinning up Hollyburn. Was prob 50 cars there when we pulled in at 730am. Usually there is maybe 10-12 at that time on a powder day. Place is bananas

Forecast for this coming weekend at Whistler is a shit ton of snow Friday with a high freezing level. Every gaper will be charging up there to stand in massive lines for an upper alpine that probably wont open till later in the day, if at all due to high winds.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Jan. 28, 2020, 5:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 3, 2020, 5:45 a.m.

189 bucks????

Holy fuck. People actually pay that?

Who else remembers stopping at the 7 11 in squamish for 19.99 passes?

Feb. 3, 2020, 6:46 a.m.

Those were the days.

Feb. 3, 2020, 7:52 a.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

189 bucks????

When I was in uni in the late 90's I bought a student pass that was offered for like 200 bux.

Feb. 3, 2020, 10:35 a.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

189 bucks????

My days at whistler dont go back quite that far, but I do remember being able to get a 10 day edge card for ~$400. I also remember being able to get more than 5 runs in in a day cuz we didnt have to wait in 45min-1hr lift lines after every run.

Feb. 11, 2020, 3:34 p.m.

https://www.change.org/p/vail-resorts-inc-get-vail-to-fix-whistler-blackcomb?signed=true

Feb. 11, 2020, 6:20 p.m.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/letters-to-the-editor-for-the-week-of-january-30/Content?oid=14979805

Damning letter to the editor from Ben Cherniavsky from Vancouver, about Edge cards not being accepted on MLK weekend. Those Edge card holders in the line up must have been supremely pissed when they got turned away.

Feb. 11, 2020, 7:44 p.m.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/letters-to-the-editor-for-the-week-of-january-30/Content?oid=14979805

Damning letter to the editor from Ben Cherniavsky from Vancouver, about Edge cards not being accepted on MLK weekend. Those Edge card holders in the line up must have been supremely pissed when they got turned away.

Im not in anyway saying that we should be observing American stat holidays, but the blackout dates are clearly defined on the website. It shows Dec 26-31,2019 and Jan 18, Feb 15-16.  So if it is true they were denied on Jan 18, it is in line with what they have stated on their website.

Feb. 12, 2020, 8:54 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

https://www.change.org/p/vail-resorts-inc-get-vail-to-fix-whistler-blackcomb?signed=true

while i understand the frustration, i'm not sure how one reconciles the "prices are too high AND the lines are too long" issue. that the lines are as big as they are seems to indicate the pricing model is still working for them. it's unfortunate that said model effectively excludes so many from such a rad natural resource, but it's a business. i'm just resigned to the fact this is no longer a place for me.

Feb. 12, 2020, 10:25 a.m.

I will never sign anything proposing to 'make *blank* great again'.

Feb. 12, 2020, 11:51 a.m.

Posted by: D_C_

I will never sign anything proposing to 'make *blank* great again'.

same. that's an unfortunate choice of title.