CBC story: Hemlock Resort's $1.5B all-season expansion plan gets approval

Nov. 12, 2015, 1:25 p.m.

Hemlock Resort's $1.5B all-season expansion plan gets approval
The 5-phase plan includes a marina, First Nations-themed village, and 23 new ski lifts
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/hemlock-resort-bc-tourism-1-5b-1.3316109

~~~~~~~~~

I've never skied there, but doesn't this ski hill have problems getting enough snow to open and/or stay open?

I have been up there in the off season and looked around.

Nov. 13, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

Just like with Jumbo and Valemont, I always ask: where is the capital going to come from? Can't see anyone putting up money with the fundamentals (Whistler is much closer to YVR and actually gets snow).

Dec. 17, 2015, 4:23 p.m.

They're opening for the season tomorrow:

The 2015-16 Season is here!!
It's finally here! We have received enough snow to open for the 2015-16 season! We will be opening Friday December 18th at 9am. Please be aware that early season, marginal conditions exist. Please stay on the groomed runs within the marked boundaries until snow conditions improve. Runs open on Friday will be Dream, Chaser, Bigfoot, [HTML_REMOVED] Roddy's.

Got friends? Of course you do! Share this email with them and they can get the daily snow report as well as any upcoming events at Hemlock Resort. To subscribe visit www.hemlockresort.ca.

Like us on Facebook!

Below are the latest snow, weather, and road conditions. See you out on the mountain!

Snow (24hrs): 2cm.
Alpine Base: 116cm.

Plowed and Sanded

Currently -2°C [HTML_REMOVED] snowing!

Dec. 17, 2015, 4:41 p.m.

I always ask: where is the capital going to come from?

Real-estate never goes down. It's always a good time to [buy]/[sell] real-estate. I'm going to get rich.