breaking in new boots?

Dec. 6, 2006, 7:48 p.m.

hey i got some new boots and am a bit curious about the break-in process.

i put 2 days on them, then got them heat-moulded. i haven't gotten out yet again but there's a bit of a problem.

my left boot is perfect-feels like a worn shoe. my right boot, however, puts a little bit of pressure on top of my foot where it meets the ankle.

i can't really figure out why, unless my right foot isn't the same size. i never have a problem with shoes.

i plan on going by comor tomorrow and asking if they can help me out but i was wondering if any of you internet folk have encountered this.

i was under the impression that heat-molding pretty much makes it fit perfectly.

can i mold the part of the liner that's pressing against my foot? or will it break itself in?

thanks

Dec. 6, 2006, 7:57 p.m.

when i get a new pair of boots i usually put them on and tromp around my basement for like 20 minutes half hour or whatever to get used to them

i usually do that once a night for like 2-3 nights before i go out

usually really helps

ryan

Dec. 6, 2006, 8 p.m.

Good luck! I skied two years with insane arch pain when my foot is unweighted (like on a chairlift with no footrest) before the boots became as awesome as they have been for the last 5 years…

-m

Dec. 6, 2006, 8 p.m.

wear em all the time.. lean forward back alot strech em out ect stomp around.. find the pressure points asap if u have any

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Dec. 6, 2006, 8:05 p.m.

Unfortunately, boots typically need around 10+ days on snow to really begin to break in. Hold-moldable liners help, but even still they take some time. Wearing them around the house, but nothing duplicates the motion of constant turning all day long like…well…um…constant turning.

In your case, remolding your one liner should help solve your problem, but it might take more than that. By the way, almost everyone has feet that are slightly different sizes.

Dec. 6, 2006, 8:09 p.m.

wow fast responses. thanks guys, i'll stay optimistic

Dec. 6, 2006, 8:44 p.m.

beat the shit out of them, literally. stomp on them throw them around kick them, they will losen up alot, and in 30 minuites it will be equivelant to 10days on the hill. unless their ski boots…

For Sale: 2007 Forum Youngblood 154 400$/ 2007 Forum Destroyer(joni malmi) 156 450$. PM me

Dec. 7, 2006, 2:14 p.m.

try moving the tongue around, my boots were like that and i just shifted the tongue around and it stopped the presure.

also, try destination to get your boot fitted, its expensive but worth it

Dec. 7, 2006, 2:15 p.m.

hey i got some new boots and am a bit curious about the break-in process.

i put 2 days on them, then got them heat-moulded. i haven't gotten out yet again but there's a bit of a problem.

my left boot is perfect-feels like a worn shoe. my right boot, however, puts a little bit of pressure on top of my foot where it meets the ankle.

i can't really figure out why, unless my right foot isn't the same size. i never have a problem with shoes.

i plan on going by comor tomorrow and asking if they can help me out but i was wondering if any of you internet folk have encountered this.

i was under the impression that heat-molding pretty much makes it fit perfectly.

can i mold the part of the liner that's pressing against my foot? or will it break itself in?

thanks

sometimes they have to play with the liner ,they can remold with some extra material taped to yer foot wherever the problem is or like for toe room they often put the cutoff ends of neoprene surf socks over yer foot or tape paper wads inbetween yer toes

OR maybe you got a fold in the liner or something from when they did the job,call them to make sure the right guy will be there for the remold is what I would do … IF thats what you go with

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:18 p.m.

snowcovers get I think its Paul.. the older guy.. or Brad the manager.. both VERY good at fitting!

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:27 p.m.

A good boot fit is the single most important part of your setup. I've had the same pair of custom fit boots for 16 years and I just replaced them this year and I hope to get another 16 on me new ones. Go to Snowcovers. good guys.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:52 p.m.

Although it's hard to say if it will help in this particular situation, custom footbeds are the #1 suggestion I can make to skiers [HTML_REMOVED] snowboarders to help make your foot more comfortable.

The #2 suggestion for those that ski/ride regularly is a boot dryer. Yeah, it does nothing to relieve foot pain, but is worth it for those who regularly need to wear their boots on consecutive days.