backcountry.com

Sept. 24, 2014, 6:08 p.m.

I bought my avy bag, probe and shovel from Avalanche Safety Solutions for a good price (end of season sale + package deal bonus).

Sept. 24, 2014, 8:35 p.m.

Those are brand/distro agreements.

MEC, Valhalla

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 25, 2014, 9:26 a.m.

Backcountry.com is great, but you are limited due to distribution rules… same with Evo out of Seattle.

I've had really good experiences (multiple) with bentgate.com . They are a bricks and mortar shop with a pretty good web store. They will typically match Backcountry.com and are often better priced. If you "checkout" and shipping seems high, just email them or call and ask for options. They respond very quickly.

Also good, but not as well priced, is mammothgear.com . Another bricks and mortar shop. I've found a few "odd" items here that I've had trouble sourcing elsewhere.

I've heard good things about gearx as well, but have not purchased. STP is wierd, but super cheap. They flood the interwebz with discount codes. But it's so cheap usually because it's more than a couple seasons old stock, really odd sizing, or just plain ugly. But sometimes amazing scores are available.

Sept. 25, 2014, 10:46 a.m.

I have a lot of spare time at work so end up shopping for a lot of my friends. Live Out There has had a lot of great deals, cheap and fast shipping. I would recommend them.

Has anyone used LiveOutThere.com ? Based out of Calgary, I ended up on their email list somehow although I haven't ordered anything from them (maybe when I was shopping for a pack to use bikepacking?)

Sept. 25, 2014, 9:47 p.m.

Tacklebox, let me know if you want to order from backcountry.com. We can do a group buy and I can pick up at a PO box in Blaine and ship to you from Van.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Sept. 25, 2014, 10:47 p.m.

Tacklebox, let me know if you want to order from backcountry.com. We can do a group buy and I can pick up at a PO box in Blaine and ship to you from Van.

Got'er sorted and bought elsewhere…thanks for the offer though!

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 11, 2014, 10:37 p.m.

for bc gear telemark pyrenes or gearx . depending on what you need you could also try level9sports(well set up for cross border-checkout price is the price) ans also STP sierra trading post(try googling for additional discount codes)

Level9 destroyed for 2 sets of skiis and boots. Showed up in 3 days.

Helmet ordered from Mec the same day still aWol. 2 weeks later.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 11, 2014, 11:25 p.m.

right on. glad it worked for you. there is often gems buried in there. sometimes crazy cheap blowout deals. I wish more online shops would have ez cross border set up checkouts like that. sadly not much touring gear

Nov. 2, 2014, 10:16 p.m.

so finally a got the lid from mec the other day…..they apparently were out of my size so sent me the next size down.

facepalm.

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 2, 2014, 11:05 p.m.

Epique success!

Nov. 7, 2014, 8:34 p.m.

cheap lids on steep and cheap still I think. do the usps for cheapest. ordered a bern baker eps camo for 45 usd. bridgedale socks for 7/pair. can't do merino socks for touring and bridgedale have been awesome for me

Nov. 7, 2014, 9:56 p.m.

Make sure you price check Backcountry.com. Just had a lady who purchased a binding for $350, it shipped without a brake, which she then added for $30, plus two trips to Blaine and shipping. The binding should have been $350 with the brake, at least that is what the shop I work at sells it for.

Do your due diligence, I find a lot of Big Box and On-Line stores get sales because people assume it is cheaper, but that may not always be the case.

Nov. 8, 2014, 2:52 p.m.

Make sure you price check Backcountry.com. Just had a lady who purchased a binding for $350, it shipped without a brake, which she then added for $30, plus two trips to Blaine and shipping. The binding should have been $350 with the brake, at least that is what the shop I work at sells it for.

Do your due diligence, I find a lot of Big Box and On-Line stores get sales because people assume it is cheaper, but that may not always be the case.

You might get more sales from her now that she knows that
I've been finding with backcountry.com for the past few years now that it isn't really cheaper, unless they are havin a sale. I'll tend to only order from them if I can't get the size/colour I want, or its a brand that isn't available up here

Nov. 9, 2014, 7:58 p.m.

has to be a good bargain now with the can$ in the crapper then shipping and possible courier gouge. try and buy local but sometimes there is ridiculous deals. sold a fair bit of gear stateside this yr that I had priced to sell in can$ and got paid in usd then upgraded a couple things from sales at a minimal investment