Arcteryx Lithic glove ?

Jan. 7, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

I don't understand dead bird logic, yet I don't own any so maybe that is why.

you can get into the deadbird products pretty cheap someone gave me Arcterxy boxer shorts for xmas … for the gear junky who has everything

Jan. 7, 2016, 11:55 a.m.

Its really to bad Arcteryx turned into what they did. I guess greed always wins in time. I still have my first Harness(I believe from around 1992) And Bora 60 pack I bought a couple of years later. Good things can not last for ever.It is hard to stomach 280 dollar gloves or someone praising a 190 US duffle bag from the same company my first items were purchased from.

Anyone spent time in either the OR Luminary or the BD Guide? Looking for a glove that will work between -7ish and -20ish.

I've been using the Guide since the start of 14/15 ski season. Previous glove was the Hestra Heli (also a gauntlet glove with removable liner). So far I'm impressed with the Guide, I've treated the leather and it doesn't wet out unless it's a very wet day which has happened once or twice.

Have only had them down to -10ish as I ski in the Sea to Sky, they've been fine at that temp. I'll be in Banff this weekend so might get em to -20 but it's a dry cold there.

Jan. 7, 2016, 2:34 p.m.

I've been using the Guide since the start of 14/15 ski season. Previous glove was the Hestra Heli (also a gauntlet glove with removable liner). So far I'm impressed with the Guide, I've treated the leather and it doesn't wet out unless it's a very wet day which has happened once or twice.

Have only had them down to -10ish as I ski in the Sea to Sky, they've been fine at that temp. I'll be in Banff this weekend so might get em to -20 but it's a dry cold there.

Thanks for the info. My cold days are all up rogers pass so I would be curious to how they work for you in Banff.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Jan. 7, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

Just got a new Rush as a warranty replacement. Pretty sweet.

I think I am starting to figure it out. They price there product high to cover the cost of there quality control issues.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Jan. 7, 2016, 2:40 p.m.

I think I am starting to figure it out. They price there product high to cover the cost of there quality control issues.

Well it was a Gore issue, not Arc Teryx.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 7, 2016, 2:42 p.m.

I've found OR to be a pretty good (and much cheaper) alternative to Arcteryx, that said, my Arcteryx shell is going strong 12 years later.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.