Arcteryx Lithic glove ?

Jan. 4, 2016, 3:02 p.m.

So i was out glove shopping the other day and decided to try on a pair of Arcteryx Lithic gloves. I shy away from arcteryx because I generally find the gear over priced. I was willing to pay a bit extra if they fit the bill as I was over shopping for gloves. The gloves felt good and the fit was ok so I was stoked. Than I looked at the price. What the fuck $280 for a pair of gloves? Are people really OK with that?

Please come back to earth Arcteryx so real people can at least almost afford your gear.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Jan. 4, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

Psssst.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 4, 2016, 6:06 p.m.

Exactly why I don't own a single article of Arcteryx gear.

Jan. 4, 2016, 6:17 p.m.

What else could you possibly wear with your $1,500 down jacket? The pricing on their fashion stuff is even crazier than their technical stuff.

I've got a really nice pair of A'T insulated Gore-Tex mitts (the first handwear they attempted, I think) that I got for $30 at their old factory store many years ago. They're awesome in really cold weather, but I wouldn't have paid full price for them.

Jan. 4, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

Premium market has way better margins.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 5, 2016, 9:17 a.m.

http://nsmb.com/best-2015-pete-roggemans-list/

$300 for a small duffle bag…:dizzy:

:canada:

Jan. 5, 2016, 10:22 a.m.

But it comes in different colours.

From the photos I've noticed the material appears to be wafer thin. Not exactly what I'd want in a duffle.

Jan. 5, 2016, 11:33 a.m.

The wife picked up a pair at the arcteryx sale for $80. She loves them. Wouldn't pay $280 though. Gloves just wear out. I have a pair of hestra morrisons I got on clearance and they wore out just as fast as anything. Wouldn't pay anywhere near msrp for them. Liking the BD Patrol gloves I have right now, nicest when they are half price…

Jan. 5, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

Yeah I would never pay retail prices for Arc Teryx gear but luckily for us on the North Shore we can pick up samples and other discounted items at the factory outlet store. I bought their top of the line Alpha SV jacket for $350 a few years ago (it retails for $700). It was a sample jacket and when some of the seams holding the drawstring came delaminated recently I brought it back for repair and they gave me a BRAND NEW jacket. Best customer service I have ever experienced!

Jan. 5, 2016, 9:10 p.m.

The design and construction of Arcterxy products is top notch which is why I got lots of it, I did pay full price for the Bora 40 [HTML_REMOVED] 65 packs but everything else I found on a pretty good discount… who pays full price?

I have had 10 yr old gear fixed no questions asked, a new zippers an entire new shoulder harness and when I sent my softshell pants in after 5 yrs and hundreds of wearings they gave me a full credit … I don't see how I can afford to buy anything cheaper

but I'm not paying 280$ for the gloves so instead I got some 35$ gordinis from marks WWW … buy a couple pair at that price

Jan. 5, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

I don't understand dead bird logic, yet I don't own any so maybe that is why.

Jan. 6, 2016, 10:43 a.m.

Arcteryx is top quality stuff. Unfortunately their pro shell jackets/pants never fit me. Strange because the Cerium LT micropuff fits perfectly. I use Mountain Hardwear for outerwear, close to the same quality and a few hundred bucks cheaper.

The gloves are a rip-off at retail but a friend scored some for $100 and says they are awesome. I'm using BD Patrol from MEC and happy with them on season 2 so far (and will rely on MEC if they don't last at least 3 seasons of weekend warrior use).

Curious to see how their airbag does.

Jan. 6, 2016, 4:22 p.m.

I have a pair of MEC goretex gloves that are around 15 yrs old. They were $60 when I bought them new. They still work just fine.

I also have 2 other pairs of gloves - one is a North Face fancy pair I got from a warranty return - the other are some Swany's. The Swany's are next to useless as teh cuff is so huge they don't interface with any of my jackets..

The NF gloves are nice - too bad they don't make them anymore… http://www.backcountry.com/the-north-face-steep-saiku-gloves

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 6, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

Its really to bad Arcteryx turned into what they did. I guess greed always wins in time. I still have my first Harness(I believe from around 1992) And Bora 60 pack I bought a couple of years later. Good things can not last for ever.It is hard to stomach 280 dollar gloves or someone praising a 190 US duffle bag from the same company my first items were purchased from.

Anyone spent time in either the OR Luminary or the BD Guide? Looking for a glove that will work between -7ish and -20ish.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Jan. 6, 2016, 9:06 p.m.

Just got a new Rush as a warranty replacement. Pretty sweet.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.