Arcteryx

Oct. 9, 2015, 7:30 p.m.

You should wear it with lululemon pants.

Just went through that store … packed. Not much for deals thank god my wife didn't go bananas there too. Escape Route had by far the best deals

Oct. 10, 2015, 12:10 p.m.

If you need more gear in the future, Atmosphere occasionally does a promotion where you get gift cards towards future purchases depending on how much you spend. Something like getting a $150 gift card when purchasing over $500 or something like that. Although it's not really a 'sale' it can lower total overall cost IF you are in the market for some other gear down the road that Atmosphere carries.

Oct. 10, 2015, 12:13 p.m.

I have always aspired to be a yuppie and now I am with my Arcteryx jacket

if you listen carefully you can hear the sound of rat's dignity smashing on the floor.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 10, 2015, 12:15 p.m.

Their warranty is great, 10yr old Bora 40 pack fixed free, new zipper in a 10yr old beta shell free, a full "suggested retail price" credit on a softshell pant I had purchased on sale [HTML_REMOVED] toured for hundreds of days

so of course I bought another pair of pants, yeah its pricey stuff but it ended up being a great deal

This. I had a theta AR that I bought at their warehouse store about 12 years ago. It finally died last year. I was shopping for a new shell in their factory store and when I told the guy working there about my jacket, he suggested I bring it in to see if they could repair it. A week later I get a call and they said it was beyond repair and offered a replacement. I got a brand new beta AR. Thats incredible customer service.

Oct. 18, 2015, 7:19 p.m.

Make sure you get a black jacket! ;)

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 5, 2015, 5:09 p.m.

This. I had a theta AR that I bought at their warehouse store about 12 years ago. It finally died last year. I was shopping for a new shell in their factory store and when I told the guy working there about my jacket, he suggested I bring it in to see if they could repair it. A week later I get a call and they said it was beyond repair and offered a replacement. I got a brand new beta AR. Thats incredible customer service.

I hope so. When you pay 600+ bucks for a shell made in China you should get a new one free every 5 years for life.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Nov. 5, 2015, 5:18 p.m.

I hope so. When you pay 600+ bucks for a shell made in China you should get a new one free every 5 years for life.

600.00? That's crazy talk

I only buy bro deals, or whatever my connections are flogging.

Arcteyx is nice stuff don't get me wrong, so is Mountain hardware. Unless I can get it at around cost, no sale.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 5, 2015, 5:32 p.m.

Anything bought at their factory store, or their factory sales, is usually considered a "second", with no warranty. The fact that they straight up replaced it is impressive.

I'm hoping they'll do something similar for my wife's 5-6 year old shell (bought at a factory sale) on which the pit zips are delaminating from the fabric of the arms.

I've got various A'T jackets and packs, all bought at factory sales, except for a Bora 80 pack that I got at MEC. The best value items have been a Tau wind shirt that cost me $25 and has been worn on every alpine climbing and backcountry skiing trip I've done in the last 15 years, and a Khamsin day pack (paid $40, I think) that has been on numerous rock and alpine climbs and hikes and is still going strong.