2012 Prior Overlord

Feb. 24, 2012, 9:28 a.m.

Hey NSMB,

Looking for anyone who has some feedback on these skis. I am currently looking for a new pair. These would in essence becaome the only ski in the quiver. I am looking for something that can do a bit of everything, but is still alot of fun for big GS turns on groomers. There is always the chance for the odd day of cat skiing down the road, but i also am teaching my little one to ski at the same time. Prior claims these can do it all. Thoughts?

For reference I would be buying a pair of 193's and I come from a racing background. I searched this thread, but nothing has been posted since the 2010 models.

Feb. 24, 2012, 10:37 a.m.

hey Geo,

I too come from a racing background, still like to ski fast and enjoy everything from touring, laps on peak, and ripping fast gs turns when the other two options arent good…

I got a pair of the Husume's last year as my one pair quiver. I love these skiis. I toyed with the Overlords but found them a bit to wide underfoot to really enjoy skiing them on hardpack. The Husumes float great but can rail turns as well. I would suggest trying both of them out, you can apply your demo costs to purchase. Visit the factory if you are in function junction and they will set you up.

Best,
Brennan

Feb. 24, 2012, 5:41 p.m.

i can vouch for the husume's as well, its an awesome ski.
never liked first or second version of overlord, not sure why. ripped pow but tip seemed to hook badly in crud, was too soft overall for me, and very slow edge to edge (even compared to other skis its size). haven't skied newest version (not even sure if its different).
definitely demo first.

Feb. 25, 2012, 7:20 p.m.

The wife raced at a high level. Couple World Cups. Likes her GS race skis. Loves her Overlords in soft snow. She says they suck on hard pack. Not a quiver of one. She also says she got them 10cm too short.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 27, 2012, 9:13 a.m.

Thanks all for teh feedback. Much appreciated.

Feb. 27, 2012, 9:23 a.m.

Couple more questions if people can help. Since I can't test these skis due to location, what is the real difference between the Husume and Overlord? They are both Hybrid rockers with 130/110/116 under the Husume for me and 140/118/125 in the overlord. Is there anything else significantly different other than width?