Who was that person... thank them!

Oct. 20, 2006, 3:29 p.m.

Can you tell that I am bored at work?

The editorial in Bike Magazine was a very interesting read. It discussed the fact that while some of us have been riding since we were small children, the rest of us had to be reborn. This rebirth also usually involved someone that was the catalyst for the change. This individual somehow dragged your probably fat, lazy butt out on a bike and somewhere along the single track, road, ladder bridge, or fallen tree that love of the sport came back.

The person that changed my life would be a longtime buddy from University. Adam was an avid cross country kid who was really fast and always talked about riding in class when we were supposed to be discussing how Mies Van der Roche buildings affected the shape of the city.

I would call myself a poser as I hadn

www.steedcycles.com

Oct. 20, 2006, 3:46 p.m.

super sweet!
it's a life-changing sport for sure - and without it, you wouldn't have met me, and THEN what?

Max

PS: my folks got me my first MTB when i was 12 (Norco bushpilot) and it was game over after that. thanks P[HTML_REMOVED]M.

Chirp

Oct. 20, 2006, 5:37 p.m.

You rode in Ravenshoe ! LoL ! I lived in Ravenshoe for 18 years. No one ever knows where Ravenshoe is ! Thats hilarious . Did you ride at the big Oval off concession 6 ( or was it 5 ?) where they were gonna build the car race track? I went there lots for dirt biking. Wow you made my day, Thx. :)

So back on topic, I had a 10 speed through high school but well I lived in Rabvenshoe and everyone was far away. I rode it constantly as a way of meeting people and getting the heck out of the house. I never really was attached to it though cause it was just a means to an end.

I moved to Vancouver ( via Edmonton ) many years later and eventually started my own business and family. One of my employees was a women who welded and did some fab work for me. I got to know her boyfriend Gord at that time and we started to ride together. I was (still am) a Cruiser guy and had been building frames for a couple of years. Gord was a BMX and Urban riding maniac. I was so impressed by his skills I started to build up my first Urban bike and he showed me some stuff. He had enough of the city and moved to Saltspring Island later on but I still ride with him over there a few times through the year. I have stopped with smoking cigarettes and rarely drink or indulge in most of the things I was Cronic before. I have more stamia at 45 years old than when I was 30 and feel good about my life. I think a huge part of that is because of my urge to copy Gords infectious riding style. There are many of you who I have come to know and all of you have had an influence on me in some way. Thanks to all and especially to my friend Gord.

ha ha, I'm just livin my life man.

Oct. 20, 2006, 10:52 p.m.

It's definantly got that special something about it!
I'm definantly no expert but I enjoy it!

The riding I've experienced whislt travelling around BC is just so inspiring and the people I've met along the way have helped me so much to push my bounderies. It's an amazing experience to do something you truely love and fully enjoy!
When writing in my diary of the days I ride, I keeping using the term "and I rode back fully contented and a happy man"
I reckon if you truelly get that feeling from something, your onto a good thing!

Good speach Dan!

Russ

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/947312/

Oct. 20, 2006, 10:56 p.m.

I think I was born with that urge.

I definitely cannot live without bicycling in my life.

Thanks to all, Eric, Seamus, Jake, Andrew, Matt, Connor, Sven, Jim, and all of you mountain bikers for showing me what I can be capable of. And having a hell of a good time to boot!

:D

Sober

Oct. 20, 2006, 11:37 p.m.

I thank my dog Lu

If not for him running up behind our house chassing bears I would have never found the trails.

Go figure eh, I buy a place right near the trails and had no idea they even exsisted or even what "the shore" was 2 years ago.

My first words as my wife and I walked along the closest trail to our house was "WTF is this? what is it for?"

That trail has a special place for me and try to ride Boundry every chance I get…

Oct. 24, 2006, 6:52 p.m.

I have to thank my dad for getting me out biking and taking me on some (xc) trails, and I also have to thank ShoreIH for his influence and infectious interest in biking which took us to the North Shore (where we got our asses handed to us) for the first time.

22 Pride