Whistler trails in the wet

May 31, 2021, 11:28 a.m.

I've got the opportunity to get in a ride this weekend in the Whistler area but it looks like there's some rain coming through - I've got a choice of either BusinessTime/Tunnel Vision loop, Pura Vida+Danimal/ButterFlies or Yummy Numby->Comfortably Numb Foreplay descent

I was wondering if there was a list of which trails hold up better in the rain or if anyone can comment on the choices I have available or whether there's something else I should have a look at -

June 1, 2021, 2:57 p.m.

Howler!

June 1, 2021, 4:36 p.m.

I assumed it was still snow covered! Otherwise, hells yes! Do you park at Meadow Park or is there other street parking?

June 1, 2021, 9:56 p.m.

I haven't been up howler yet myself but I've heard some snow on the way up but the trail is clear.

I guess parking at meadow park (either by the ice rink or back ball field lot) or the highschool, alpine market has customer only signs and anywhere else around there is parking on residential streets. Not sure if you're staying in the village or what, but it's pretty easy to pedal around whistler, village to alpine meadows is nothing.

I feel like I made a big post of wet trails at some point I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited by: Kevin26 on June 1, 2021, 9:57 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 2, 2021, 10:53 a.m.

Thanks Kevin - I think Howler will be a great one and I always enjoy the chill pedal back from trails in Whistler after a session, so parking probably won't rear it's head