Where should I ride in 2020?

Feb. 17, 2020, 10:10 a.m.

What's the next place I should tick off my list?

I've ridden;

Up and down the sea to sky (north shore to chilcotins) 

Sumas (not anywhere else in 'the valley' though) 

Basically every spot on the island and lower sunshine coast

Penticton, Rossland, Revelstoke, 

Silverstar and Sun Peaks

Little bit in Edmonton Hinton and Jasper

Bellingham, 

Sandy ridge and Raven's ridge in mOregon. 

Moab and hurricane/Virgin in Utah

Austria (just one day at a bike park though) 

Ecuador (which was rad) 

What should I do next? Think there's still tons of BC I need to see. Being a whistler bum means October/November is the best time for a bigger trip though

Feb. 17, 2020, 10:32 a.m.

I'd highly recommend Phoenix/Sedona/Flagstaff. Been heading down there every October/November for the past 3 years or so. Perfect time to go.

Feb. 17, 2020, 11:30 a.m.

No Nelson? Duuuuuude.....

How about William's Lake, Kelowna, Kamloops, Golden, Fernie, Kimberley, Yukon and tons more. You could easily put together an epic trip through the Kootenays and maybe even dip down into Montana. There are so many options that are within driving distance of the Lower Mainland that there's basically no need to fly somewhere.

Feb. 17, 2020, 1:08 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

No Nelson? Duuuuuude.....

How about William's Lake, Kelowna, Kamloops, Golden, Fernie, Kimberley, Yukon and tons more. You could easily put together an epic trip through the Kootenays and maybe even dip down into Montana. There are so many options that are within driving distance of the Lower Mainland that there's basically no need to fly somewhere.

We're ticking off a few of those boxes this summer. 10 day tour in BC (Valemont, PG, Terrace, Smithers, Williams Lake) and another trip to Yukon.

Feb. 18, 2020, 12:40 p.m.

How about Vedder in Chilliwack? Awesome trails out there. Also Eagle and Burke in Coquitlam are each worth a day and not that much farther than the shore. Another huge vote for Nelson (and Fernie, although I haven't ridden there yet).

Feb. 19, 2020, 10:15 a.m.

Revelstoke is good and easy access to most of the trails.

Feb. 19, 2020, 10:47 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

The ski resort just opened up the new '5620' flow trail near the end of last season as well if you want a day of lift assisted riding while you are there.

Feb. 19, 2020, 11:04 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

The ski resort just opened up the new '5620' flow trail near the end of last season as well if you want a day of lift assisted riding while you are there.

5620 is OK at best - there are some very fun parts, but it's still in some very early stages of development. The resort needs a few more trails, and some alternative to making the climb to the top mandatory - like a connector to a Lower 5620.

The Mt Macpherson trails are a lot more fun if you ask me.

Feb. 19, 2020, 11:59 a.m.

Posted by: mrbrett

"The Mt Macpherson trails are a lot more fun if you ask me."

+ Martha Creek DH plus Frisby Ridge (recently extended) and Keystone Standard Basin if you like XC alpine trails with great views.

Feb. 19, 2020, 12:03 p.m.

Tons of other riding opportunities in Washington, Oregon and NorCal as well. Epic road trip times!

Feb. 19, 2020, 4:11 p.m.

Posted by: SixZeroSixOne

Posted by: mrbrett

"The Mt Macpherson trails are a lot more fun if you ask me."

+ Martha Creek DH plus Frisby Ridge (recently extended) and Keystone Standard Basin if you like XC alpine trails with great views.

While in Revelstoke if all I could ride was Martha Creek I would be happy as a pig in poop. They have a really good thing going there. Plenty of trails for everyone.

Feb. 26, 2020, 7:52 a.m.

Central BC: The Hwy 97 corridor from 100 Mile to Prince George. There is at least 2-3 days worth of riding in Williams Lake area, a little gem of riding just north of W.L. at Xat'sull (Soda Creek) and new development in 100 Mile and Quesnel last year. Dragon mountain in Quesnel has a fantastic new climbing route and new flow trail in the Wonderland system too. PG has some solid riding too, Pidherny for more trail-enduro and Otway for fast flowy XC.

Feb. 26, 2020, 9:41 a.m.

Posted by: bikesandbarley

... a fantastic new climbing route...

I will travel long distances for a riding area with a great climb. It's most of the reason Vedder is worthwhile.

Feb. 26, 2020, 6:50 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Posted by: bikesandbarley

... a fantastic new climbing route...

I will travel long distances for a riding area with a great climb. It's most of the reason Vedder is worthwhile.

Burns Lake is only a couple of hours west of PG; the Kager Lake system is awesome and Razorback is another great climb and not hard to make a 40k epic ride there with Pigasus and a few others. Camping right at the base of the trail system.

Last edited by: bikesandbarley on Feb. 26, 2020, 6:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Overuse of fantastic