Warner Lake Floatplane Drop

Sept. 26, 2011, 10:07 a.m.

How were the rides?

Sept. 26, 2011, 11:04 a.m.

I'm still here! So far, so good! Literally and figuratively!

I'm heading to Bralorne now for some Alfi-Getti goodness. No shuttle however, since the panty-waists jammed due to a little rain! Ha!

d

www.fvmba.com

Sept. 26, 2011, 11:11 a.m.

Watch for bears on Sunshine, we've ran into them a few times on that trail.

Stop for post ride burgers and beers at the Bralorne pub.

Sept. 26, 2011, 11:33 a.m.

If you are in bralorne, also hit Carl Creek.
I tend to always ride those two trails when I am up there (Alphi-ghetti and Carl Creek).

Pretty easy to find. Drive the connector road from bralorne to the hurley. First left, is the Carl creek Fsr. Park there, ride bike to the end of the main road. At the last cut-block - trail is on your right.

Sept. 26, 2011, 4:04 p.m.

So, a successful Journey. I'm sure Doug will have a lot more to say when he returns, but the short story is:

Due to wind, we got dropped off at Spruce lake rather than Warner, but no problem, we rode to the Potato Patch, and then up he valley to Hummingbird lake. Some downed trees along the way, and as it's generally trending uphill, we had some grumbling. however, after reaching Hummingbird lake and enjoying that Last yeehaw downhill, we relaxed for a bit and headed back to the Potato patch. The ride back was stellar, and definitely worth the out-and-back.

Down Gun Meadows Trail and then Gun Creek trail and out, pedalling all the way…… to Tyaughton lake. The big uphill was a killer after all that riding, but it just made the beer taste all that much better.

Gun Meadows is all it was said to be and then more. it's almost insane how excellent the riding was all the way from the Potato patch to Jewel creek. Hell, even from Jewel creek down the high speed pedal as fast as you can ripping was a hoot.

51K for the day; no serious injuries, no mechanicals, no bears. Saw a moose!

Good riding, good friends, great place.

Next morning, a XC shuttle up Cinnabar for some steep, loose goodness.

Repeat? YES!!

Hummingbird lake:

Sept. 26, 2011, 6:02 p.m.

Alfi-Getti was awesome! Ironically, I met another group who were kind enough to give me a ride back to my truck at the cabin. The rain kept me away from Carl Creek, tho.

d

www.fvmba.com

Sept. 27, 2011, 3:52 p.m.

Here is the group I hooked up with. Aren't these guys the CK group?

Thanks for the ride, Todd!

d

www.fvmba.com

Sept. 28, 2011, 9:09 a.m.

Here is the group I hooked up with. Aren't these guys the CK group?

Thanks for the ride, Todd!

That's a big group!

Sept. 28, 2011, 9:11 a.m.

that was us! Carl Creek was wet, but super fun….the ride up was driving rain and cold cold wind!

Sept. 28, 2011, 10:16 a.m.

Right on, Flip! I might have joined you on Carl Creek, but it was a long drive over the Hurley and back to Abbotsford in that weather. Fun, though!

Here are a couple more pics from that day:

Anytime you Cool Kids want a tour of some Fraser Valley goodness, you just pm me and you are there!

I will post some of our floatplane drop pics in another thread. Thanks again to all who provided input on this thread! NSMB wisdom went a long way for our group of ten! Cheers!

d

www.fvmba.com

Sept. 29, 2011, 9:41 a.m.

I will post some of our floatplane drop pics in another thread.

Can you link it here?

Sept. 29, 2011, 4:34 p.m.

You bet I can. See below:

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=144764

d

www.fvmba.com

July 3, 2012, 4:28 p.m.

Doing this drop August long. Any advice? 6" Norco Range too much bike? Not sure of the exact trails I'll be riding as we need to plan some more.

Shed head!

July 3, 2012, 4:31 p.m.

Doing this drop August long. Any advice? 6" Norco Range too much bike?

any bike you can pedal for 50k of trail will work. I rode a hardtail. Not much need for suspension up there.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

July 3, 2012, 4:33 p.m.

Doing this drop August long. Any advice? 6" Norco Range too much bike? Not sure of the exact trails I'll be riding as we need to plan some more.

can we see a picture??

put fast tires on.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.