Vic. riders

April 3, 2003, 3:23 p.m.

hey guys, if there's anybody that hasn't heard abot the wed. night urban rides, you should come out.
last night there was 26 of us. pretty good night in all. we meet at the brickyard(pizza place) at 7pm and ride untill you want to. it's great riding in a big group,all diferent levels and a tonne of fun.

April 3, 2003, 3:27 p.m.

Schools out!! I'm there next Wed.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 3, 2003, 3:40 p.m.

cool, it should be justas good of a turnout next week. this wek we were at sj willis doing the drops there, and the drop behind the mayfair bowling lanes,then some street riding, then to the sk8 park. i did a no footer off the bowling alley drop, it could have been smoother but i still landed it. it's not that big of a drop, but if you land near the bottom of the tranny i figure it's a good 12 feet anyway.

April 3, 2003, 3:44 p.m.

I'll have to check that one out. I won't drop to flat anymore (except of a curb). It's all about the tranny for this rider. Wait I meant…um yeah.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 3, 2003, 3:46 p.m.

it's definetly not to flat. there's got to be a good 10 feet of tranny.
what do you ride man?

April 3, 2003, 4:08 p.m.

Mainly on the Sofa King. I've hit the park a few times but schools been keeping me away lately. I'm really hoping these DJ parks go through aroung the area. I used to live in Nanaimo and rode lots there. I hit Duncan every once in awhile too. I gotta do some more ridding out in Sooke and Neilds(?) road. Heard alot of good about those spots. The recent work on the Sofa is pretty nice though. You?

April 3, 2003, 6:27 p.m.

:thepimp: i have been out to like 4 of the rides(missed 2 because of bike/biking injuries) they are hella fun i recomend it to everyone!! i like it a lot better when we do like freeride stuff to like at SJ and mayfair then skate park not just skate park teh whole time.

April 3, 2003, 6:34 p.m.

blunt boy
i meant what do oyu ride dude? just that way i know who you are when i see ya!
i usually ride the dump,nield rd.,urban,up island,my buddy just moved to Kitts, so the shore a bunch this summer as ell.

April 3, 2003, 8:26 p.m.

Oops. Ya I ride a DMR sidekick, black, single speed, fsa BMX cranks, dual hayes 8", 1664 BMX seat. http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view[HTML_REMOVED]image=73283
I used to ride a VPS Fluid. It was great but I missed the hardtail and got the DMR for cheap. Me and a friend are hitting the Sofa on Mon. afternoon. Your welcome to join if ya want. What's your ride?

April 3, 2003, 8:39 p.m.

cool, thanks but i work mondays.
i ride this………http://www.pinkbike.com/php/pod.php3?image=76023
i like sofa king but there are many better trails at the dump.IMO.
maybe i'll see ya next wed. night.

April 3, 2003, 11:44 p.m.

Nice ride! B8 cranks look sweet. I just like the Sofa cause of the nice "flow". I agree that it's a one dimentional trail, but that dimention is pretty fun. There is some other good stuff for sure. I'd like to see what's up at Nields. Some of the Dump is getting a bit old ya know. I'm up for anything as long as there is transition for the drops. I'll leave the flat landings to the young punks;) . See ya Wed.

April 4, 2003, 7:21 a.m.

i will most likely be there on wensday

April 4, 2003, 11:58 p.m.

Originally posted by Tony G
whers the brickyard?…ill come down i guess…see what its like

how long have you lived in victoria????
it is a pretty small city,and downtown is not very big either.

April 5, 2003, 7:21 a.m.

brickyard is beside the odeon

dont worry i had never heard of it either

April 5, 2003, 10:40 a.m.

it's a pizza place beside the odeon. it's basically across the street from reckless on yates.