Vedder Mountian 411

May 27, 2012, 7:34 p.m.

Hey all,

Going camping next weekend at Cultas Lake and was hoping to get some rides in on Vedder.

Can anyone recommend a shop to get a map book and or some must hit trail names. Looking for the fast n flowy.

Also is it big bike shuttle country or small bike pedal town?

Thanks

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

May 27, 2012, 7:46 p.m.

Vedder has fast and flowy!

here's a map from the Fraser Valley mountain bike association;
http://www.fvmba.com/trail-conditions/vedder/

Do ride up and ride The Den. Its worth it.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 27, 2012, 7:55 p.m.

Haven't been to Vedder in quite a while but, I'd bring the big shuttle bike. Trails are definitely fast and flowy (and jumpy). Skidder =[HTML_REMOVED] Hidden Pleasures =[HTML_REMOVED] Dilemma is fun. The Den is good. Mongoloyd =[HTML_REMOVED] Mexican Ninja =[HTML_REMOVED] Electric Lettuce is another good line. I'm not familiar with all the trails up there anymore and I can't comment on current conditions.

May 27, 2012, 8:22 p.m.

you can checkout some of the Vedder mountain trails on Trailforks. I need to get out there seen and GPS some more trails and take some photos.

I haven't ridden there in many years since I used to dirtbike their. But I think the road is still not ideal or possible for a car to shuttle up. but if you have a truck you can defiantly shuttle.

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

May 27, 2012, 8:26 p.m.

Shuttle Vedder for more laps. Bigger bike would be better if you shuttle - lots of nice jumps out there to session if you do that sort of thing.

As mentioned you'll need a truck to get up. A determined driver, in an appropriate car, without bikes, might make it up. You might tear the exhaust off this car

:woot:

May 27, 2012, 10:20 p.m.

My 4runner with a 4 bike MackRack made it up just fine [HTML_REMOVED]---shameless plug :)

May 27, 2012, 10:49 p.m.

VMTA has the real map (but stick to the FVMBA trails unless you like 2-smoke)

http://vmta.ca/index.php?option=com_content[HTML_REMOVED]view=article[HTML_REMOVED]id=47[HTML_REMOVED]Itemid=57

Shoot for the Den Jeff, it's worth it. Rough road, but last time I was there in the fall, it had some repairs done. I'd join you, but we getting on a ferry.

May 30, 2012, 1:57 p.m.

Haven't been to Vedder in quite a while but, I'd bring the big shuttle bike. Trails are definitely fast and flowy (and jumpy). Skidder =[HTML_REMOVED] Hidden Pleasures =[HTML_REMOVED] Dilemma is fun. The Den is good. Mongoloyd =[HTML_REMOVED] Mexican Ninja =[HTML_REMOVED] Electric Lettuce is another good line. I'm not familiar with all the trails up there anymore and I can't comment on current conditions.

That is a good list right there.
Den, what ever chain crazy is called now ( on the right down from Den exit), links to skidder, hidden pleasures (if you stay right), cross road again and down to dilema, then endo will take you right to the lake( well, it used to?)
Very shuttle friendly, you could ride it all on a small bike except maybe the Mongoloyd line( not me at least). Ride up is not tech but pretty long and grinder, with the last 1/4 up to the den the hardest. Shuttle up the Den is doable but best with a small 4x4 with some clearance. Combo flavor is park at the entrance to the Den climb, or exit and push/pedal the rest.
I need some big bike thrills, but cant join this weekend either.

WTF, Over?

May 30, 2012, 3:19 p.m.

Or, you can go in to Jack's cycles and buy the high-res version of the FVMBA map, which supports FVMBA and therefore the trails.

ps.. FVMBA has just purchased our third 1000lbs of nails which will be given away to Fraser Valley Builders.

Those nails aren't free - go buy the map.

June 1, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

Key to riding vedder is a designated shuttle driver. retrievals just take to long. just have one rider sit the odd ride out. everyone will log more laps

if your pinning it you can often can beat the truck down to the retrieval. super fun fast trails.

Great moto there too if thats your bag\

anyone remember the old unimog shuttle. 5 bucks a ride or 7 and you can hot box the Cab. I loved that sales pitch

June 1, 2012, 3:12 p.m.

Key to riding vedder is a designated shuttle driver. retrievals just take to long. just have one rider sit the odd ride out. everyone will log more laps

if your pinning it you can often can beat the truck down to the retrieval. super fun fast trails.

Great moto there too if thats your bag\

anyone remember the old unimog shuttle. 5 bucks a ride or 7 and you can hot box the Cab. I loved that sales pitch

Or, take a trail bike, and the shuttle laps are about the same time as pedalling up, once you factor in retrieval ;)

June 2, 2012, 5:44 p.m.

Or, take a trail bike, and the shuttle laps are about the same time as pedalling up, once you factor in retrieval ;)

Retrieval? You're doing it wrong.
Sacrifice shuttle for laps on Vedder.

June 2, 2012, 8:46 p.m.

Retrieval? You're doing it wrong.
Sacrifice shuttle for laps on Vedder.

Yep.

June 3, 2012, 5:53 a.m.

I have climbed up to the den too, as stated in my post.
i need an updated map as i have never had one any how, so i will stop by JC next time i am passing through.

WTF, Over?

June 4, 2012, 9:52 p.m.

I remember giving a couple kids a lift up once years ago. They told us about the Unimog and that it was best not to get a ride with him after about 1 or 2pm. Got a little swervey after then.