Triple Crown - NSMBA ride Oct 11th

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:36 a.m.

Sea level for Fromme / Cypress is just for the roadies… Ski level and Deep cove to horseshoe though. Yes
See you on the 11th.

Just for roadies?

It's been done on mtb. Start in Deep Cove climb to the ski hill on Seymour, descend trails and road back down to sea level at 2nd Narrows. Climb all the way up to Grouse Nest then descend all the way back down to sea level behind Park Gate mall. Climb all the way up to the ski hill on Cypress then descend all the way Horeshoe Bay. Cap it off by riding back to Lower Lonsdale.

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:37 a.m.

I had someone ask about water.

You can refill at the base of Fromme from the tap and I am fairly certain there is also water available at Cleveland Dam.

Oct. 1, 2014, 2:43 a.m.

So , Oct 1 st and seven beer in…… where is the rest of the info?

I am training , every Tuesday night

Oct. 1, 2014, 7:05 a.m.

So , Oct 1 st and seven beer in……

holy shit! the one five one six training program isn't quite up to that pace..:(

Oct. 1, 2014, 7:55 a.m.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2014-09_north-shore-triple-crown-october-11th

What more info do you need?

Oct. 1, 2014, 7:56 a.m.

Oh, I see… It says Sept 30 more info coming from your mom.

Oct. 1, 2014, 9:16 a.m.

But Turkey Sale? Wait… they never have anything good.

Maybe I should…. But hasn't the Shore been dumbed down and paved? Which would mean cx bike, no?

Oct. 7, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2014-09_north-shore-triple-crown-october-11th

We're stoked to have the Triple Crown back this year. The goal with the Triple Crown is just to get out and ride, no check points, no times, no longest ever route, no pressure. It is an unsupported ride. There is no sweep, no guiding, no handholding, no lunch, no provided water. If you need help you had better call your mom. Pleass be preparred with food and water (reminder that there is water fountain at the base of Fromme). Ride in a group, if you show up solo introduce yourself to some new friends. Watch out for your fellow rider, again it's a group ride, not an event.

The route is our loose interpritation of what people should ride, if your group feels like adding more or cutting it shorter no worries. Just come out and ride and have a fun time.

Triple Crown Route Description:

Start at 9am
Meet - Old Buck Parking Lot Seymour

Starting Point – Old Buck Parking Lot - SEYMOUR
Up Old Buck to 1st switchback, road to TNT, Dales, Foreverafter, Highschool back to bridal path, left to Hyannis – down to river and up twin bridges (options on Bottletop)
Climb up Twin Bridges access the new trail south of the Plant and cross onto Bike path west of road avoiding Gazebo to Rice Lake Rd –

Twin Bridges to Rice Lake Rd, End of the Line Cafe (first re-group spot).

FROMME

From ‘End of the Line’ Store on Dempsey turning North up Underwood to West on Coleman then onto Hoskins connecting with McNair and onto Mountain Hwy to the water tower (option on climbing McNair via Griffin)

Up the gravel of Mountain Hwy to Executioner Trail, descending to Dream Weaver then heading west on Baden Powell to Mosquito Creek and continuing Down Skyline to Mount Royal Drive or to Grouse Parking Lot, then Cleveland Dam. (second meeting spot – food can be grabbed at the Store on Mount Royal, just off of Capilano Rd – thus the descent down Skyline Road)

Re-Group POINT 2 – will be located at Cleveland Dam.

Entering West Vancouver at Cleveland Dam finishing at Horseshoe Bay

WEST VANCOUVER ROUTE DESCRIPTION

CYPRESS

Climbing from Cleveland Dam, stay right on gravel and curve around to the metal fence, stay along the fence until you reach pavement. Turn right through BP’s onto Glenmore dr, left on Morven Dr past school, left on Glangarry Cres back to Glenmore dr heading south on Bonnymuir, this intersects with Southborough Dr/ Stevens Dr. Turn right then right onto Kenwood Rd, right on Elveden Row to a right on Eyremount Dr to the corner of Millstream Rd - here you will see a trail head – take the Millstream Connector Trail heading across to First switch Back on Cypress Bowl rd. Up Cypress Bowl road to the second switchback.

Take the gravel road through the gate, about 2-300 meters up drop into Slippery Canoe this comes out on a gravel road, just across the road is another trail with a slight uphill, take this to the next road crossing, directly across and just to the right is Tall Cans – drop down to the next road, a little to the left 40 feet the trail continues – when you reach the next road turn right and take that out to the powerstation, once past the power station on pavement turn right, cross bridge over CYPRESS Falls and turn left – take this road for a couple of km’s, just before the trans Canada trail there is Nelson Creek to the old highway, turn right on old highway, on the left will be some stairs, they will take you down to an old reclaimed rail trail, from here you will progress to Eagle Heights above Horseshoe Bay, continue straight into Horseshoe bay for the celebration.

Oct. 7, 2014, 11:44 p.m.

So , two of my usual riding mates are out .
My wife has let me loose for the ride. (lucky me )
I am hoping to make some new friends as 7-8 hours of riding can make a few .
a little about me … I like computer dating and long rides in the mountains . I tend not to ever say no to another beer . and i have been around the shore for awhile.

see you all on Saturday . i can hardly wait to tip pints in HB

Oct. 8, 2014, 9:15 a.m.

What pub is this ending at? The Troller?

Shed head!

Oct. 10, 2014, 10:37 a.m.

Yes the Troller. Is there any other pub in Horseshoe Bay?

Weather is looking not too bad, only ~5mm of the wet stuff. Let's hope for afternoon sun.

Oct. 10, 2014, 2:52 p.m.

Yes the Troller.

This will suffice. Thanks:)

Shed head!

Oct. 14, 2014, 7:41 a.m.

What pub is this ending at? The Troller?

Didn't see you at the end. Did you make it?

Oct. 14, 2014, 2:16 p.m.

Didn't see you at the end. Did you make it?

My friend and I couldnt make the pub unfortunately. We parked at the lot for Whyte Lake and that's where we ended our ride. Glad to see someone else enjoyed the ride on a hardtail. It was a ton of fun:)

Shed head!